Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:59:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Late arrival  (Read 5438 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: December 29, 2007, 07:31:49 PM »

This is a tune I composed last summer, well it would be more truthful to say I completed it then. I don't know why I didn't put it up here Huh

It is miles away from my usual playing styles, and when I first got it together (at about 2am) I then nearly erased it in disgust the following day listening back. However with some encouragement and suggestions from the KVR and LAU people I got to work on it and this is the (nearly) polished result. Even the title was a combination of suggestions from other people Cheesy

All the chromatic parts are from Zyn, but the percussion is a right old mish-mash. It has selected parts from:

Roland Sound Canvas - standard kit
Qsynth - FluidR3-GM soundfont
Hydrogen - UltraAccousticKit

This was not only to get the sounds I wanted, but also the stereo positioning.

Anyway, see what you think of it.

P.S. It's quite long

* Lair_Of_The_Dragon_King.mp3 (5060.98 KB - downloaded 267 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 07:55:30 PM »

Nice track ! it is worth all the time spent on it
I like the dreamy atmosphere and epic feel.
The great leads up-front give also a fairytale touch.
Not many variations for the rhythmic section...  Undecided ...well done ayway !

Cheers
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 12:07:30 AM »

Will,

This is a really interesting & unique piece-I really like the dreamy ambient-like feel with a strong reggae style....reminds me of some of the episodes from Miami Vice,as Jan Hammer had quite a few reggae-style pieces in the show-very cool stuff,I like it alot! Afro

Since this is not the finalized version,I was wondering if your going to eventually have a break in the solo at some point in the song?

The solo work & that lead sound is fantastic,but it's just one giant solo and I think that if you had a intermission from the lead part,it would really top off the song really well(in my opinion).

Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 09:35:10 AM »

Will,

A bold step away from your signature sound.  Cool
This one brings up a Peter Frampton vibe for me - reminds me of that famous tune he did live with the talk-box on his guitar.

Oren.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 10:03:09 AM by Oren » Logged

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 09:50:11 AM »

This one brings up a Peter Framton vibe for me - reminds me of that famous tune he did live with the talk-box on his guitar.

uhhmm... I remember that ! Yeah, it has a very similar timbre, although this is done with a synth.
Both sounds have deep features.
I'm glad there are others Peter Frampton fans, I saw him recently on tv doing a commercial with an housewife, and he was doing that famous talkbox thing, but I think it was aired only in the US

Cheers
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 10:04:32 AM »

You think maybe he's hurting for money? Cheesy

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 10:26:07 AM »

You think maybe he's hurting for money? Cheesy

Maybe...  Grin lol  Wink

@Folderol : Forgive us for hijacking your thread, let's listen one more time to your track...  Wink

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 08:20:18 PM »

Thaks for all the comments guys.

@L.R. I did a lot of fiddling about with the rhythm section, but found it difficult to put in much that didn't detract from the lead. I might have another stab at that.

@Thom. Now I never thought of putting a break in - Duh!

I'll have a look at that and see if there is a good place for it. Not sure if I should leave the backing as it is for the break, wind up just one line, or create something new with a different but more subdued instrument.

@L.R. (2). OK, I'll let you off this time Roll Eyes

.... hey you're allowed to listen to it more than one more time Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: