Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:57:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatever became of Elv?  (Read 15165 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: November 01, 2007, 06:38:55 PM »

I am curious as to whether or not Elv is still a member of this forum,as he has not posted in over a month's time?

I'd be really sad to see another long term member bail out on this forum. Huh

Thom

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 10:07:06 PM »

Yeah, and someone noticed (in another thread ) that we're also missing Ed and VanGreco... Sad
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 10:37:30 PM »

I think more than anything it's the unexplained disappearances I find so unsettling. No goodbye, just nothing. Makes you wonder if something has happened to them Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 01:28:15 AM »

I think more than anything it's the unexplained disappearances I find so unsettling. No goodbye, just nothing. Makes you wonder if something has happened to them Sad

Yeah Folderol,I was thinking the very same thing.It is indeed a drag not knowing whether someone is being rude,or if in fact,something has happened to them.

I don't really like to speculate as to why someone may have dropped out suddenly,but I was thinking that both Katzafatz & Elv were not the most active partcipants in the forum-which is fine,as thier lives are much busier than mine,but I do wonder how important or not important,this forum is/was to them.

For me personally,this is the only forum I have ever been so heavily involved in & it has taken on a very personal hold on me & to be honest,I need to have this forum in my life.

Some people are very transient & nomadic & that's okay,but I just can't imagine anyone not wanting to take root in this forum,because it's so warm & fuzzy. Grin

Sharing music amongst other people is sharing a piece of your soul & this forum is teeming with soul,so why not stick with it,I wonder?

It could simply be a case of Elv just getting tangled up with his personal life outside this forum & he just may have become too side-tracked to deal with this forum right now.

Only time will tell....

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 09:29:50 AM »

Just a note on Elv and Van Greco. They were very active members at the old auditorium, in fact they were moderators there. 

I remember Van Greco commenting on the first song I uploaded there. Which was a whole new experience for me. Van Greco, Fred S and I did a collab together and we had plans for an internet band. But things never materialized due to the fact that Van Greco disappeared from the Forum. He shortly returned at Kara-Moon for a while and apologized to me about his sudden departure from the net. Personal issues and such were to blame. I asked him to do another collab, since I think he is a very talented songwriter and vocalist. He told me he had his computer stuff up again and was ready to start recording but unfortunately he shortly thereafter disappeared again. I can only guess at what has happened to him but I won't hold anything against him. I would welcome his return.

Concerning Elv; I've had litlle or no contact with him. I know he's also active at other forums. He did regularly disappear for months at the old auditorium as well.

Generally speaking it's hard to judge how much a person is involved in a forum like this. It's heartening to see that some guys are really very active over here. Other guys are only consumers; they post their songs, digest the comments but never leave a comment for someone else's songs. Frankly, after a while I will not comment on their songs anymore. The forum is meant for interaction and not for self-indulgement.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:33:11 AM by Martin E » Logged
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 11:11:39 AM »

Well people come and go....
Elv did the same on the old auditorium. If I remember right, I think he's a Sonar Project user, so he's perhaps more active at the Sonar forum.
It is a fact that a lot of people are member at a product forum of the product(s) they use and those forums have often a sort of 'post your music' section.

We wanted with kara-moon a music dedicated forum independed of products. Actually I'm quite happy with the actual situation, we are not very big (yet) but we have time and I realy think this has grown in a very good forum.
We have a good bunch as core members and the mood in this forum is very good.
And the music posted here is good  Cool Very important  Smiley

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 11:16:30 AM by kara » Logged

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 05:25:09 PM »

I think the main complaint that Ed had was the downloading instead of the streaming for posted tunes.

I've been in touch with Bill lately (deafdunderkwac). Some of you will remember him from the auditorium. He's doing well but doesn't have consistent internet access. He did mention he wants to more active here when he has access.

Rony's right though, people come and go. Priorities and life's circumstances change, and some folks are more or less settled than others. For example, I haven't posted a new tune for a (long) while as I'm in sort of a transition. I've moved from P5 to Sonar and I'm still trying to learn it, while I've also been more motivated lately to work on my playing skills than writing.

I used to post a lot at the P5 forum, but no real reason to now. I like to keep in touch here however, as its my favorite forum...just not the usually quantity of time at present.   

tem

tem

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 06:47:27 PM »

I've been in touch with Bill lately (deafdunderkwac). Some of you will remember him from the auditorium. He's doing well but doesn't have consistent internet access. He did mention he wants to more active here when he has access.

good news. Wink

Even tough I've never been super-active in the old auditorium or now Kara-moon, I've perceived these forums like permanent communities to be in and because only they'd know where I was and where I am going.  The reason that I started the computer-based music heavyly arise from these forums, I mean from the people and music here. I also like following the progress of others, or sometimes there is no progress, even so, in both ways, I'm having a really good time.

In brief, try not to disappear,

...you're under observation   Cool Cheesy 
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 07:01:52 PM »

In brief, try not to disappear,

...you're under observation   Cool Cheesy 

We do our best

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Alienz

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 07:13:01 PM »

..Elv, VanGreco, dunderkwac, yes i remember them from the Auditorium. I also wonder where fudgedubnofunk (or was it dubfudgenofunk? Smiley ) has gone, very nice guy.
I dissapeared myself from the Auditorium because I suddenly had to go in hospital for 4 months, but when i came back, THE AUDITORIUM HAD DISSAPEARED!!! Sad  Cheesy

I felt really bad about that, glad kara-moon sort of took over! Smiley
elv

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 08:01:10 AM »

Hey guys, sorry for not being around here as much as I should/want.
But I got a new job in April last year.First time I work on a computer all day, and i just had to take a break from computer.But I am slowly getting back on track.
Hope I havent hurt anyone feelings here.The Auditorium both old and new where/are good a place.A small tight group that seem to care for each other, wich is rather rare on the internet.
I also hope I am not a consumer here but try to do my part Embarrassed
Expect to see more of me.....hope that dosent frighten anyone Grin
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »

Good to see you back Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Van Greco

note to self: return to sender

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 09:09:51 PM »

Some of us have good reasons for staying away and some of us are just weird.  Embarrassed

I've stayed away for a good long while. (hell, I even got married in the interim) I'm glad to see that you guys are still making this work and that there is at least some piece of the old Auditorium left. It was the first place that I ever felt comfortable posting my songs. I'll probably never totally leave this group as long as it still exists. On a related note, did anyone ever find out what happened to Peter?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:16:40 PM by Van Greco » Logged
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »

Well this must be the day of the great comebacks  Grin  Good to see you around VG and Elv. Hope you will contribute some music like in the old days.
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 12:04:46 AM »

I even got married in the interim

Congrats are in order 

Good to hear from both you and elv again.

Haven't heard anything about Peter in quite some time.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: