Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:29:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Within. Ambient/IDM track  (Read 3717 times)
blipp
Kara-Moon-Collective

« on: November 29, 2007, 06:30:23 PM »

Made this yesterday. I think it's probably a work in progress and it reflects the style i'm going to be moving into i think. Interested to hear proples thoughts about it. Thanks.  Cool

* within.mp3 (5884.13 KB - downloaded 254 times.)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 07:09:43 PM »

Blipp,

This piece is just too raw & unfinished for me to really make any solid interpretations,other then the fact that it's really dark & it needs alot more structure.

I would definately say that for it's very long length,it certainly needs more of a hook in the beginning to seduce the listener into sitting through this whole piece.

Elwood

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 11:14:12 PM »

Hi Blipp
not bad, it evolves very slowly, in the beginning, with an almost minimalistic piano.
it takes a couple of minutes for the drums to enter, and all the times are longer than usual.
There's a constant texture, like a melody in background, and it makes the atmosphere always the same.
I'd work on it making bigger variations.
it's above average and it delivers what the subject promised anyway  Wink

Cheers
blipp
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »

Thanks for checkin it guys. The music i do from now on will likely be less accessable for those who arent into electronica/idm, but i feel i need to change to keep my interest as i feel i've exhausted most of the posiblities in my earlier style. This track is more like the music i listen to and that's another reason i want to try it.

Cheers.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: