Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:39:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 12-11-07 fusion of times- starting and ending  (Read 7595 times)
deaf dunderkwac

« on: December 12, 2007, 04:37:19 AM »

starting:
another  kinda cd (without the actual cd part, of course)
back on track a bit
@Fred, remember the percussive thing I tryed to explain before abruptly leaving?
I'm using it in this cut.

ending: my work trying to elicit visuals from sound. Without control over the acoustic environment there is no control.

This is called "never ending life's"

* never ending lifes.mp3 (4510.57 KB - downloaded 340 times.)
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 06:16:58 PM »

Different layers, each one fading away, and leaving room for the following one.
Like images passing by.
It keeps a percussive soul but you enhanced the melodic content so much
You change so many moods along the way !  Cool

Cheers
deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 07:51:03 PM »

Thanks for listening LgnRzn <grin>

you've recently heard the first two cuts of my next compilation (of stuff)

take the one previous to this and add this one  Grin
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:59:02 PM »

I'm allways very curious when you post something... there is allways a surprise  Grin
ok I agree sometimes it's a bad surprise.

this one was a pretty good one
sure it's unusual and a style all by itself but very interesting to listen too and there are quit some interesting harmonies in there  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 11:12:49 PM »

I'm allways very curious when you post something... there is allways a surprise  Grin
ok I agree sometimes it's a bad surprise.

this one was a pretty good one
sure it's unusual and a style all by itself but very interesting to listen too and there are quit some interesting harmonies in there  Cool

k

ROFL
I'm guess I always assumed you cringed at the thought of having to open one of my so-called tunes.
But If I put more then a few hours into something I tend to post it somewhere on 'teh interwebs'

+ I have no comfort zone, or should I say, uncomfortable zone.

I just try to avoid working what others are already doing.

-but you knew that Grin
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 02:49:37 AM »

Hey Bill! This listens to be well done to me. Some real nice "sounds" with an interesting mixture and a little bit eastern. You did create some anticipation, which I like and can't hear in some of your other pieces. Of course its a full "piece", but if I had it, I'd use one of the fuller parts, say 2:30ish, and let it roll (guitar riff) into something heavy. But now, that probably sounds sacrilegious , given what your tying to accomplish. But hey, I can hear it  Wink   Grin   This doesn't resemble anything I've heard before, so it stands out well.

deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 03:03:31 AM »

Hey Bill! This listens to be well done to me. Some real nice "sounds" with an interesting mixture and a little bit eastern. You did create some anticipation, which I like and can't hear in some of your other pieces. Of course its a full "piece", but if I had it, I'd use one of the fuller parts, say 2:30ish, and let it roll (guitar riff) into something heavy. But now, that probably sounds sacrilegious , given what your tying to accomplish. But hey, I can hear it  Wink   Grin   This doesn't resemble anything I've heard before, so it stands out well.
Hi Fred...
Since you have this you might notice how I changed the sound of the string synths by adding a short kick drum sample at the attack.

I'm putting together another cd thingie and the next piece is a bit more bombastic so you might think of this as being a lead-in to the next one (which leads into the next one etc etc ad nauseum)
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 03:14:29 AM »

Hi Fred...
Since you have this you might notice how I changed the sound of the string synths by adding a short kick drum sample at the attack.
Yeah, I was at a loss originally trying to remember what you were describing re the "percussive thing", but I hear it now. And, it does create a nice dynamic. And, its new Cool 

deaf dunderkwac

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 03:30:21 AM »

so....

to get a percussive organ part to get more attention in a track you would take the kick sound to key a "ducker" on the rest of the track, leaving the percussive organ out of the duckers' group send.
( following me?)
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 01:14:04 AM »

so....

to get a percussive organ part to get more attention in a track you would take the kick sound to key a "ducker" on the rest of the track, leaving the percussive organ out of the duckers' group send.
( following me?)

Like a "ducker" out of water Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: