Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:32:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Peavey PV10 mixer  (Read 3222 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: December 15, 2007, 03:03:52 AM »

After my fiasco with the previous mixer,I had planned on ordering the Peavey online,but my local music store recently started carrying this model,so I went for it today!

I really like the tactile aspect of this mixer...it has smooth controls & fantastic features and it's very clean & quiet and all for a reasonable price of $229.00(USD)

It's designed and built here,in the U.S.(as supposed to being out-sourced to China),so I know the quality is good.

It has a 3-band EQ for each of the 10 channels and there are plenty of outputs,including a XLR main output-which is a big plus.

The color scheme is brilliant & distinctive,which makes for very easy viewing of all the controls,which is an utter joy to work with.

It has 16 built in effects which is really handy,but I am not all that impressed with the reverbs though,as most of them sound more like delay effects,rather then the clean,crisp reverbs that I was hoping for.

I found that the Cathedral effect was the best one,as this is useful-enough so that it is worth recording with.

To be fair though,in general,most mixers,if not all of them,under $500-are not going to have very clean effects and they certainly cannot compete with individual effects processor units-which are commonly used in studios.

The effects aspect of the mixer is not really a big issue,as I have effects in my multi track recorder,so having a mixer with effects was not the main selling point for me.

Overall,the Peavey is a very welcome addition to my gear set up and it completes my studio rather nicely.

All of my gear is inter-connected with Planet Waves audio cables,as these are the absolute best cables on the market,in my opinion.

I can't wait to start recording with this mixer.... Afro

Elwood

* Green Death Studio 001.jpg (1838.53 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 596 times.)

* Green Death Studio 002.jpg (1660.61 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 597 times.)

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 04:28:36 AM »

My parents store is carrying these now, too.  My dad is really impressed with Peavey as of late.  Sounds like you made a good choice.
I agree; FX are not a reason to buy a mixer..usually not that great.

Sweet looking mixer

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: