Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:46:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Theme for the 2008 KM-Collective CD  (Read 41474 times)
BeatSlaughter
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 02:48:24 PM »

Looks i'm blind for not seeing this earlier... *cough*  Grin

Only collabs this time, hmm, i know Kara uses Renoise... let me know if you'd be up for one.

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 02:53:39 PM »

Sure I'm in Cheesy

k

Looks i'm blind for not seeing this earlier... *cough*  Grin

Only collabs this time, hmm, i know Kara uses Renoise... let me know if you'd be up for one.

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
BeatSlaughter
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 04:04:45 PM »

Great, looking forward to work with you.

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 11:29:24 PM »

Good idea, we should get some teams formed! Anyone interested in working with me? I'd love to collaborate with a guitarist/bass player or someone who plays another not-keyboard instrument to complement my stuff.

Also known as Marc JXP
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 01:34:41 AM »

Well, I do mostly keys, but if you're (really) hard-pressed for a guitar or bass I'd give it a shot.  I'm sure others are more qualified, but at least I'm willing!

(Geez, it sounds like the ugly girl at the dance, doesn't it?)  Embarrassed

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 01:39:10 AM »

Well, I do mostly keys, but if you're (really) hard-pressed for a guitar or bass I'd give it a shot.  I'm sure others are more qualified, but at least I'm willing!

(Geez, it sounds like the ugly girl at the dance, doesn't it?)  Embarrassed

Heh, don't be so modest! That'd be great!

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 03:41:03 PM »

Looks like I'll have to stand aside on this one. I don't seem to have much success with collabs. Don't know if my style isn't very amenable to collaborations, or if I'm just not any good at working with other musicians Huh

Also, I think the theme more-or-less requires vocals. I don't think you can easily convey the concept of respect with instrumentals.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 04:03:34 PM »

I wouldn't count out instrumentals, but if you don't sing and need a vocalist, that sounds like a collab to me.  Many guys here that can sing.

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »

Actually, on further thought,  if you put some nature sounds on something like SleepyHollow it could be a very environmentally friendly song..and a fit in my eyes anyway.  (whales, dolphins,water birds...)
 Just thinking out loud...which usually gets me in trouble at home.

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2008, 08:44:05 AM »

Looks like I'll have to stand aside on this one. I don't seem to have much success with collabs. Don't know if my style isn't very amenable to collaborations, or if I'm just not any good at working with other musicians Huh

Also, I think the theme more-or-less requires vocals. I don't think you can easily convey the concept of respect with instrumentals.

Will,

After missing out on the opportunity to collaborate with Marc, I will not let the opportunity to work with a genuine synth wizard pass me by again....(and a fellow Linux guy)
So, if you can relate, think of me as your all-purpose Swiss-Army-knife guitarist/vocalist/lyricist. I'll even work with Bob's whales, dolphins, and water birds if its absolutely necessary... Cheesy

Michelle (mharv) and I are already knocking around some collaborative ideas, but I'll happily contribute to both projects if it gets "Doc Zyn" on the roster.

Oren.

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »

I actually agree with Oren, the theme of the CD is perfect for instrumental music.
A lot of musicians produce music in relation with nature (which is part of the theme)
A litle example :
http://serenitysupply.com/browse_musicwithnature_1.htm

Just to get inspired Cheesy

k

Will,

After missing out on the opportunity to collaborate with Marc, I will not let the opportunity to work with a genuine synth wizard pass me by again....(and a fellow Linux guy)
So, if you can relate, think of me as your all-purpose Swiss-Army-knife guitarist/vocalist/lyricist. I'll even work with Bob's whales, dolphins, and water birds if its absolutely necessary... Cheesy

Michelle (mharv) and I are already knocking around some collaborative ideas, but I'll happily contribute to both projects if it gets "Doc Zyn" on the roster.

Oren.

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 08:07:27 PM »

Thanks very much Oren and kara for your support.

Currently I have no ideas at all, but it is early days yet. Hopefully I'll have one of my 3am inspiration flashes - great when the come, but damn tiring Roll Eyes.

Then again, if anyone else comes up with an idea they think I can fit into, I'd like to hear it.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2008, 08:29:59 PM »

I'm working with a  rough idea on a song for this theme: it's called "evolutions", it's still very premature but it might give people inspiration...

Moon

* evolutions-v1-short.mp3 (1406.25 KB - downloaded 449 times.)
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2008, 08:52:53 PM »

Thanks Moon
Nice sketch ! I can see a connection between the 'respect the planet' idea and world-music percussions in here.
It certainly can give inspiration, and it's useful to develop something on theme

Cheers
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2008, 10:38:41 PM »

+1

it has great potential.

- Will
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: