Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:53:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Mas Collab 2007  (Read 4132 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: December 22, 2007, 03:40:24 PM »

I'm guessing that all the submissions that are to be,are in,so here's the final version(which is subject to change).

If anyone else sends me vocal tracks from now-through Sunday,I will be more than happy to add them in,so if anyone still wants to contribute-feel free to do so. Smiley

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to everyone on the forum,

Thom

* X-Mas Collab 2007.mp3 (3512.86 KB - downloaded 244 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:42:23 AM »

Good work, Thom!

Your vocals remind me of the "Crash Test Dummies". Very distinct.

As an exercise, try carving off the low frequencies from James' vocal (say, a 15 dB cut on everything 250 Hz and below).
If ever you have the opportunity to work with some pitch correction software, you might want to apply it to those portions of James' performance where he's singing with you or Martin - just those areas where there is pitch-related dissonance.

This mixing/mastering thing is very "learnable", and you have an affinity for it.

It's only going to get better  wOO

Oren.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 02:53:04 PM »

Oren,

I appreciate the comments & the encouragment,& the software is a practical idea,but not my style-as I don't want to get involved in pc recording.

The song was more about a communal,X-Mas-spirit generating project,rather than a finely tuned song(although I tried my best to achieve that).

If I wanted to further improve on James's vocal track,I would have just had him do the track over again-time permitting,but James's schedule was too constrictive and I could not completely fix his timing anyway.

For the most part,Martin's vocals were very good-with the exception of small bits here & there that were off,but again,if there was enough time,I would have had him do the vocal track again,as supposed to messing around with software.

If I had the idea to do this project much sooner than I did,I would have spent the necessary time to improve my voice and practice,before I laid down this song.

Aside from the time constraints,I think this song was a poor choice on my part,because I took on a bigger bite than I could chew & I was in over my head and as a result,it was not recieved very well.

Thanks for your support,

Thom

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 03:16:06 PM »

Cheesy
Well, I've taken this project as a bit of fun. I don't consider myself to be a singer and think that Thom made a pretty good job of putting things together, overall.
If I had had time I would have taken the files and mixed them myself.....maybe another time on another project. We'll see.  Wink

Happy Christmas folks.

James

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 04:21:47 PM »

James,

Truth be told,I did have alot of fun doing this project,despite it's wrinkles and I am very glad that you had fun being involved,as it brightens up my holidays more to hear that you had fun.

Merry X-Mas,

Thom

P.S. I love your animated characters! Grin

* Winter Bourbon Cask Ale(rotated).JPG (2516.32 KB, 1728x2304 - viewed 463 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: