Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:29:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intro song - Kara  (Read 9128 times)
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« on: January 14, 2008, 04:01:42 PM »

Sombody has to start here  Roll Eyes

I've made the intro track for the CD

The track is at the moment with the audio doctors of www.yourbestsound.com to fix a couple of issues and mastering  Cool

* Respect Intro.mp3 (3090.54 KB - downloaded 447 times.)

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 09:49:34 PM »

This is really a beautiful tune ideal as the album intro.

Surely you mean it's gone to to the groomng parlour, not the doctor. You only see a doctor if you are unwell Cheesy

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:54:10 PM »

This is a great introduction for the theme we choosed.
It's a very good track and I'm surprised it's very similar to the kind of mood I had in mind for this project (of course with a different style).
Great sounds and excellent production

Cheers
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 12:41:27 AM »

Kara,

A very interesting composition with regard to your chord progressions & I like the little synth notes with the delay on them,but the flute sounds are a bit too choppy sounding for my taste....some utilization of your performance controls,along with a bit of pitch bend work would give those flute sounds a more natural flavor and would compliment this piece very well.

I had wanted to start of this theme and that was what "Project X" was all about,but I was really having a tough time with it,as I was attempting to do a piano piece with some singing and I was even having trouble with the lyrics. Undecided

I have written quite a bit of songs over the last 6 months,in fact,more so than I ever have before,so I'm tapped out-as I feel the "well" has run dry,because writing songs do not come easy to me.

As of recently,I have been trying to force something out of me and it's just not panning out for me as of yet...very frustrating. Sad

To be a bit candid with you,I have absolutely no inspiration in my personal life to draw from(as I don't have a personal life) & 99 % of the friends I have left are all long distance,so this is the most isolated time in my life I have ever experienced.

I think I just need a vacation or something,just to clear my head.Music is really the only thing I have to live for,but I could use a break from writing as well though.

I need some new thoughts and also an escape from myself. Tongue

As soon as I am rejuvenated,I should have some ideas & compositions rolling around in my head.

Thom

NeoN

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:08:29 AM »

This is very good Kara!
Very "enviromental", when I heard this I imagined Pictures of the Ancient Earth and Nature.
Good Work man.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 10:10:13 AM by NeoN » Logged
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 11:05:23 AM »

Thanks for the first reviews guys  Cool
You only see a doctor if you are unwell
Great sounds and excellent production

Hmm, there IS a litle problem with the track...
Actually the whole track has been made in one go with a couple of musician friends of me. We where jamming a bit in my studio and i mentionned the idea of the RESPECT album. Very fast we had an idea for the intro track, rehearsed it a couple times and then just played it in one go ( and push record on the Roland BR600 Smiley )

The setup was extremly simple :
Keyboards & Yamaha Vlm all to there proper input on the Yamaha mixer, all channels with there proper 3-band EQ of the mixer strip. External Alesis Microverb on the aux bus of the mixer. And for the output, the 10 band internal master EQ of the mixer.
Output group 1 of the mixer to the monitors of the studio, so that we could what we played Smiley
Output group 4 of the mixer to the input of the BOSS BR600.
On the input of BR600 a mild compressor.

And that's it, as you see there is actually no real production done on the track...

Now if you listen carefully to the track you'll mention that at some spots there is a litle click in it. I actually noticed it when it was to late and by listening on headphones.
And that's where the doctor part comes in, since I don't have the knowledge or the patience to solve this. But Doctor Oren assured me that there was noting that couldn't be solved Smiley)

@Thom
You are right on the lack of modulation of the flute, but as i said it was a one go recording....
You know, i have a litle trick to avoid lack of inspiration or writers block, which works pretty well for me.
When I'm not composing, I play existing songs, mostly real book jazz standards but you can adapt this to your favourite style. Playing songs allways give me ideas for new songs and it keep the playing skill on a certain level.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 08:27:10 PM »

Great work Kara ! This is indeed the good vibe ! I forgive you for not recording this better. Looks to me that you need to re-invite your friends.  Wink

Moon
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 12:51:09 AM »

Very nice and soothing track! The pan flute/shakuhachi main sound could use a bit more sparkle or reverb (maybe layering it with a second part?) but it's actually perfectly ok once you get used to it. I really like the bright synth arpeggio's that add detail and the pad sounds are chosen well if a tad to low in volume in the middle. I hope the track itself is a bit longer though as the fade out is a bit sudden for me. Btw.: I'd love to hear some nature sounds like waves or wind or something like that mixed in, I think that'd work great.

Also known as Marc JXP
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »

Great song!

I agree with the others that the flute leads need to be worked on, or maybe collaboration with a wind controller musician?  Or an organic flutist?

The pad sounds you used were perfect.

This is a great start for sure.

The older I get the better I was!
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 05:42:44 PM »

Good song, Kara. I only think the arrangement could be worked on with some more variation. Maybe hold of with the flute the first few bars. You don't want to give away everything in the beginning to the listener. You have to tease them a bit. A counter melody at some point would fit nicely as well, I think. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: