Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:12:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free software !  (Read 7620 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: February 09, 2008, 07:32:46 PM »

If you're looking for free VSTi software, go here : http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/software.php/id/7030/audio/Virtual-Instruments/

Moon
tem

tem

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:10:18 PM »

Thanks moon, I've always loved digging these free VST(i) sites. It's like touching everything in an antique store, some of them becomes treasure Evil
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 05:55:26 AM »

Moon,

I decided on a plan to equip myself with an arsenal of sounds,so that by the time I recieve my M-Audio controller,I'll be good to go...for quite a long time.

So I thought I would begin my downloading spree with the link you've provided here,but when I tried to download it,I recieved an error message saying; 404 Not Found. Huh
I suppose then,that I ought to get cracking and immediately start downloading the SynAddSubFX,Crystal & H.G. Fortune,before those freebies disappear! Embarrassed

-Thom

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »

Also, check out NI's Kore player - it's a great (and free!) way to get your hands on loads of cool sounds!

Also known as Marc JXP
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »

Thanks Marc,I'll certainly check out the Kore-pronto! Cool

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 02:26:30 PM »

I downloaded the Kore Player from KVR,but when I recieved the link in my e-mail to leading to the download page...the link itself,had the word "demo" in it. Huh

It took 15 minutes to download it...seems rather an odd amount of time for just a demo. Undecided

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 06:47:56 PM »

I started digging deep into the KVR archives & found a vast library of sounds! wOO

I must have at least 1/4 of a gigabyte of VSTi's to last me for years!

Of course though,the more I dug into the past,the more I discovered deleted software files...something like half of the H.G. Fortune stuff is gone,such as Wof 4.

For good measure,I backed up all of the downloads I collected to a flash drive for safekeeping,so if anyone here comes across something on KVR in the future that has been deleted,chances are I may have it stored,so contact me if you want some extra sounds. Cool

-Thom

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 09:14:13 AM »

I downloaded the Kore Player from KVR,but when I recieved the link in my e-mail to leading to the download page...the link itself,had the word "demo" in it. Huh

It took 15 minutes to download it...seems rather an odd amount of time for just a demo. Undecided

I recommend going to the NI website directly for this stuff: http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?id=koreplayer&L=1. Anyway - the Kore Player comes with a lot of sample content (300 MB if I'm correct). What is really cool is that the bundled sounds use the actual synth and sampler engines from NI that reside in Kore (such as Absynth, Kontakt and Massive). There's just a limit on the parameters you have to tweak them.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:23:25 AM by Marc JX8P » Logged

Also known as Marc JXP
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 10:49:58 AM »

And.. if you get a hand on the latest issue of CM magazine, it's included on there DVD with an extra sound library

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: