Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:27:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: M-Audio BX8a's!!!  (Read 4299 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: March 04, 2008, 02:52:26 AM »

In my quest to upgrade my home theatre,I was seeking out a pair of 8" size monitors to create a more impactful and immersive movie experience.

I had been real excited in anticipation of the new Samson Resolv line of monitors-particularly the Resolv A8's,but the release date of these monitors got pushed back 5 months,so I sought gratification elsewhere...and I am so glad I did. Grin

In the past,I have not been thrilled with M-Audio,because I had owned a couple of different models of thier desktop monitors and they paled in comparison to the Samson Resolv,in my opinion...but I decided to take a chance and take a road trip out to my local GuitarCenter and I had a listen to the M-Audio BX8a's and I was pleasantly surprised at the overall quality of sound on these honey's. Cool

What's even better still,is once I got them home and hooked them up,I was really blown away by how much they improved my home theatre!

The low,mid and high frequencies are perfectly balanced and I thoroughly tested these monitors by listening to a movie,my studio music and a video game and these monitors passed my examination with flying colors. Afro

I can honestly say that these monitors bring the best out of my movies and I would highly recommend these for studio use,as I feel that these monitors are a wonderful way to spend $500.

They really are an exceptional pair of budget speakers and I could not be happier with them. wOO

* Snow & BX8a 005.jpg (1561.24 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 668 times.)

* BX8a profile.jpg (1730.86 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 639 times.)

* Resized BX8a 003.jpg (1467.31 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 637 times.)

* Snow & BX8a 004.jpg (1575.65 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 616 times.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 12:42:02 AM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 07:33:50 PM »

I thought you'd been rather quiet lately Thom. Now I know you were playing evaluating you new toys equipment Grin

Hmmm, how do you demonstrate speakers without actually being there Huh If you make a recording it has to be played through speakers, which first have to be evaluated by making a recor <pop>

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 08:39:10 PM »

Folderol,

Yep,part of the reason I have been quiet,is due to my preoccupation with upgrading my home theatre,but I also have been burnt out on recording & just playing music in general and sometimes I just need a detour from it.

To answer your question regarding my review of the monitors,well,as I see it,I don't really think it's necessary to actually be in the process of recording with a new set of monitors-just to obtain a good idea of what there capable of....meaning that when one has the experience of owning several different monitors and knowing thier particular characteristics very well,a person develops an ear for noticing whether or not a speaker is properly balanced-just by listening to a cd with a balanced recording on it and hearing the same cd on several different monitors.

In doing this,you'll be able to notice that a particular pair of monitors might emit too much mid range,that over-powers the low & higher frequencies.

For example,I noticed that there is too much mid range with my Wharfdale Pro 8.1's,when measured against my Adam A7's,Alesis M1's and my new M-Audio BX8a's-just by listening to the same cd on all said monitors.

Case in point;in my honest opinion,based on my experiences,the BX8's offer a wonderfully balanced & flat response in general,and I strongly feel that creating a balanced mix with these monitors will be a relatively easy task.

Good or bad,that's my method of evaluating monitors and my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt,since the topic of monitors are very subjective in general.

I would also like to add that once you have spent enough time with any monitors,you will learn how they represent music and you'll learn thier characteristics,so that being said,you can get a good mix on just about any monitors,given enough time.

I just felt compelled to share something that I think is a great purchase and that I think these monitors are worth considering for this price range.

In fact,I am so impressed with these monitors,that I am considering getting a second pair of BX8a's for use as playback monitors for my studio.

As if you didn't notice,monitors are my favorite subject. Grin

Just some food for thought.

Cheers,

Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: