Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:04:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amp simulators - tone  (Read 24296 times)
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 01:36:38 PM »

Just a suggestion...
How about splitting the signal from the guitar itself and sending one line through your normal playing environment, and the other (via a suitable 'flat' mixer) direct to the soundcard?
That way it won't sound strange while you're playing, but will have a completely clean signal recorded.

Workable...yes, good idea! That's what we refer to as "bringing the old noodle into play" Cheesy Thanks, Will. Cool

I tried this way of recording, and I think that's a pretty good idea. It works great.
(in a simulation)
I'd like to try that with the new amplitube fender and a faster pc  Undecided

Cheers
Mentious

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 09:31:41 PM »

I'm of the mind right now that starting with Real Tubes is the way I have to go. I paid about 600 bucks for the SansAmp PSA-1.1 guitar effects rack. It had great reviews at places like Sweetwater. I have been disappointed with it. Mostly its settings create unnatural and and ugly-sounding distortion. I have also tried the much-hyped "Eleven" guitar amp modeling plug-in from Digidesign. Same disappointment. Harsh. Digital. Seems, indeed, there is nothing like real tube tone and digital can't really capture it. Must be a spiritual reality there somewhere. Fire? Agni? The 3rd evolute of Brahman? I don't know.
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 03:57:44 AM »

...I'm of the mind right now that starting with Real Tubes is the way I have to go. Seems, indeed, there is nothing like real tube tone and digital can't really capture it. Must be a spiritual reality there somewhere. Fire? Agni? The 3rd evolute of Brahman? I don't know...

I used the Real Tube effects, pedals and rack-mount, for several years, and very much enjoyed them.
Since then, I have switched to Digitech pre-amps and processors. They don't sound exactly like those vacuum tube even-order harmonics, but the programmers at Digitech know how to get a pleasing guitar tone with lots of accessory control for the user to tweak the sound. More control, more versatility, and a very large selection of electronic effects. Very clean, quiet, and all in the same durable, compact enclosure.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: