Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:46:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: The first KM live gig !  (Read 111882 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »

In the studio becomes international  Grin
I've work out the bass line and Azell has the lyrics for here  Wink

I hope Marc comes up with a dutch version  Shocked

Sorry for the bad recording quality but it should be good enough to give you all an idea xhere we are going

k

This is going to get quite interesting. Not sure how all the bits will fit together!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2008, 06:15:09 PM »

Shocked
Does that mean I'll have to get a haircut and bring a comb?

NO !!! Not at all... just bring your musical talent and your good humor and you'll be fine !  Grin

Moon
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2008, 07:55:52 PM »

Well it seems like we will have an enormous amount of material to work with in just a weekend Shocked

I think we need to work on the basis that if we find we are getting bogged down on a tune, we should leave it and move on, then if there's time, come back to it. After all, the music won't go away, so we can always develop further on the forum if we want to.

Besides we need to have material for Live Gig number 2  Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2008, 08:48:48 AM »

Perhaps we could also split up in two groups for some songs; that way we'd also have a small audience while playing! Smiley

Also known as Marc JXP
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2008, 08:51:49 AM »

I really doubt you'll want a Dutch version - if I'm going to sing at all (or at least attempt it Wink ) I'd much rather sing English.

In the studio becomes international  Grin
I've work out the bass line and Azell has the lyrics for here  Wink

I hope Marc comes up with a dutch version  Shocked

Sorry for the bad recording quality but it should be good enough to give you all an idea xhere we are going

k

Also known as Marc JXP
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2008, 09:22:32 PM »

Cry
OK, I've had to make a sad decision here.
Because of the Eurostar problems and the fact that they have issued a reduced timetable, up to and including next Sunday, the connections I need to make for my trip are out of the question.
I shall have to cancel  Sad
This decision has not been taken lightly and, if I had not already submitted a *sad* song to the other contest I would be writing one now.  Cry

If I can make a radical suggestion.....
I shall be at home on Saturday and Sunday afternoon so if the performing company have the facilities to record a take for a song, send me an MP3 of the mix, I will try to add my part in a single take (as if live) and send it back for remixing.  Maybe, in this way, I can keep to the spirit of the get-together.
I shall have to be content with looking forward to next year....and hope that dear Eurostar don't stuff it up again.  Lips Sealed
 Wink
James Cry

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2008, 09:39:00 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that brother.   Sad

Cool

Wyatt

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2008, 06:16:19 AM »

That's bad news. I was really looking forward meeting you.  Cry

We'll gonna miss you !

Moon

P.S.: We'll setup up a special threath were you can follow the activities of the weekend...
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2008, 08:02:39 AM »

Sorry to hear that, James... Sad

Also known as Marc JXP
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2008, 04:51:19 PM »

Realy a shame James

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2008, 07:00:41 PM »

Unfortunately things have just got worse Sad

As I was booked on a much earlier train (James' one was actually cancelled) I had thought my chances of avoiding the problems were better, however, after getting an email from Eurostar advising me to change my booking unless my travel was essential, I telephoned them to find out what the situation really was.

It seems that late Friday bookings are being pushed over to Saturday morning. As I would be joining the train at Ebbsfleet (not London). It became obvious that the likelihood of getting my designated seat were pretty near zero. The next train was canceled (the one James would have been on), which meant the one after that would be even more likely to be oversubscribed. When asked, the woman said that realistically it was unlikely I've be able to get a train before the middle of the afternoon, when demand is low - well what a surprise Angry

To make matters worse, I was told that the Sunday return could be pushed over to Monday (for the same reasons) so I'm afraid I won't be able to make it either Cry

This is bitterly disappointing as I was really psyched up for this and looking forward to a great weekend. I'm angry, but with nobody to be angry with, if you know what I mean.

- Will
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2008, 10:07:21 PM »

If I can make a radical suggestion.....
I shall be at home on Saturday and Sunday afternoon so if the performing company have the facilities to record a take for a song, send me an MP3 of the mix, I will try to add my part in a single take (as if live) and send it back for remixing.  Maybe, in this way, I can keep to the spirit of the get-together.
I shall have to be content with looking forward to next year....and hope that dear Eurostar don't stuff it up again.  Lips Sealed
 Wink
James Cry

This is a really good idea, and I'd like to do the same if it's practical.

- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2008, 09:04:47 AM »

Unfortunately things have just got worse Sad

As I was booked on a much earlier train (James' one was actually cancelled) I had thought my chances of avoiding the problems were better, however, after getting an email from Eurostar advising me to change my booking unless my travel was essential, I telephoned them to find out what the situation really was.

It seems that late Friday bookings are being pushed over to Saturday morning. As I would be joining the train at Ebbsfleet (not London). It became obvious that the likelihood of getting my designated seat were pretty near zero. The next train was canceled (the one James would have been on), which meant the one after that would be even more likely to be oversubscribed. When asked, the woman said that realistically it was unlikely I've be able to get a train before the middle of the afternoon, when demand is low - well what a surprise Angry

To make matters worse, I was told that the Sunday return could be pushed over to Monday (for the same reasons) so I'm afraid I won't be able to make it either Cry

This is bitterly disappointing as I was really psyched up for this and looking forward to a great weekend. I'm angry, but with nobody to be angry with, if you know what I mean.

Sorry to hear that mate. It seems the list is getting shorter and shorter... Sad

I think we definitely should start planning for the next one as soon as possible! Smiley

Also known as Marc JXP
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2008, 09:23:01 AM »

Since our UK friends can't come, the list of participants is becoming realy small.
I have a proposition :
Since in December I'm celebrating my 50th birthday, why not postpone the KM live gig to December ?
We could do it in France...
Marc and Percy could come together with Moon, and Uk participant can come to Britany with the TGV Paris - Saint Brieuc.
I have enough sleeping accomodation and perhaps, since there is more time to plan others could come too ?

What do you think ?

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2008, 09:34:23 AM »

@Will..I'm sorry you couldn't make it.

Cool

Wyatt