Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:35:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: The first KM live gig !  (Read 111316 times)
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2008, 09:57:15 AM »

I'm gutted about this, but postponing would seem best. Pity, I've really been looking forward to this weekend. Sad

Also known as Marc JXP
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2008, 06:51:12 PM »

Yeah, I'm gutted too Sad

On the other hand, we'll have something extra looking forward too... Kara's celebrating halve of a century !

Moon
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2008, 09:41:35 PM »

Ok, I've had some time to get over it now... Grin

I look forward to the new date; it's indeed cool to combine it with Kara's demi-centennium. Mind you, that means we'll have to do a combined happy birthday song!

Hopefully we'll have some more people able to join us then too.

Also known as Marc JXP
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »

Time to start planning !

Kara, we need a date and place so people can reserve their tickets.

As far as I understood:

Date: to be set by Kara
Place: Bretagne
Accommodations: free of charge ?
Foods: Azell is a great "chef de cuisine"
Drinks: No better place than France
Musical program: stays the same

I'll bring our friends from Holland and Belgium (Marc, Percy : don't be scared, I'm a better driver than musician and if you leave your lugage at home, I'm sure to get those keyboards in the car Grin )

I hope we'll have more success with this second trial.

P.S.: Our hostess for September is really pissed now, so someone better dedicate a song to her  Tongue

Moon
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2008, 07:48:28 PM »

Well, I was really excited by the prospect of a December gig (especially with a birthday thrown in) so I looked up the trains on Rail Europe.

From London - Paddington to Saint Brieuc is a 6 hour journey time Sad Catching the very earliest Eurostar would have me arriving at 2:15pm, and this train doesn't stop at Ebbsfleet, so I would have to find some way to get to central London before 6am Shocked This all assumes that Eurostar is back to normal, which is doubtful. The 1996 fire resulted in one tunnel being closed for 6 months Sad

I really, really want to come to this, but unless someone can suggest a way out of the problem, I just can't see how it can be done Cry

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2008, 08:08:52 PM »

@Moon : Can I please have some time to organize this  Roll Eyes Grin

ok here is what I have allready :
The place is : Saint Nicolas du Pelem in Britany in the west of France. For those who have Google Earth, here are the coordinates :
48°18'51.95N - 3°09'39.140

Date : The weekend of 20 - 21 December 2008
Accomodations : free of charges, we even have real beds for everybody  Wink The Uk people that could come, will be hosted by our UK neighbours, no language problem  Wink
I allready have reserved the rehearsal room of the choral of Azell, so plenty of place for the gear and it can be locked for the night.
Food will be taken care off by Azell
Drinks is NEVER a problem in France.

@Folderoll: couldn't you come on the friday, you're welcome to stay an extra night (or 2) here.
Another possibility would be flying, there is a connection London - Brest, I just have to find out from which airport in London it goes

Other questions ?  Grin

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
kara
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2008, 08:35:56 PM »

Litle update for Will : Ryan Air has a cheap flight London Luthon - Brest and back. I can pick you up at Brest

Just checked the ryan air site :
London - Brest : Not available on 19th but available on 18th for 23,55 GBP
Brest - London : Available on the 23th for 63,99 GBP

I've allso found a solution to Dinard which is close to my place :
London Standsted - DInard : 19/12 15.35
Dinard - London Standsted : 22/12 18.10

Or other solution : Take the train to Portsmouth and then the ferry to Saint Malo
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:42:21 PM by kara » Logged

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2008, 07:49:22 AM »

I like it! Smiley

Moon, thanks for your great offer but are you sure you have space in your car? We'll be needing room for two keyboards and a laptop (aside from other luggage items which are, admittedly, a lot smaller.

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2008, 05:37:18 PM »

Litle update for Will : Ryan Air has a cheap flight London Luthon - Brest and back. I can pick you up at Brest

Just checked the ryan air site :
London - Brest : Not available on 19th but available on 18th for 23,55 GBP
Brest - London : Available on the 23th for 63,99 GBP

I've allso found a solution to Dinard which is close to my place :
London Standsted - DInard : 19/12 15.35
Dinard - London Standsted : 22/12 18.10

Or other solution : Take the train to Portsmouth and then the ferry to Saint Malo

Thanks for going to all this trouble, but I think someone 'up there' really doesn't want me to join in with this Sad

Had it been earlier in the month I could probably have twisted my employers arm for an extra couple of days off, but on the morning of the 22nd I will be flying to South Africa, starting a 2 week holiday I spent a long time saving for!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2008, 06:16:55 PM »

I like it! Smiley

Moon, thanks for your great offer but are you sure you have space in your car? We'll be needing room for two keyboards and a laptop (aside from other luggage items which are, admittedly, a lot smaller.

I have an Audi A6 break with a roof box, so we should be able to take a lot of stuff with us. Our lugage can be put in the roof top. I think my trunk is big enough for 5-octave keyboards (wrapped in blankets, or even better in a flight case. I'm sure we can work something out (although I'l have to leave my M3 at home which is too big with 73 keys... )

Off coarse, if you prefer to fly or take the train... no problem !

Moon
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2008, 06:22:35 PM »

And December is no good for me....too many family commitments.
But.....
my wife says that if it is in spring, say round about easter time, we could maybe work it into a weeks holiday. She would like to do Brittany.
Any chance of that?  Roll Eyes
 Wink
James

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2008, 07:46:02 PM »

my wife says that if it is in spring, say round about easter time, we could maybe work it into a weeks holiday. She would like to do Brittany.
 Wink
James
That's actually a rather clever idea. I've never actually visited France myself, so would be quite interested in doing something similar.

- Will
kara
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2008, 11:07:58 AM »

Wink
James
That's actually a rather clever idea. I've never actually visited France myself, so would be quite interested in doing something similar.

The gig in december will take place, it's my birthday and i want to celebrate with music Grin
But, James and Will, if you want to come in holliday to Bretagne in spring, you are more then welcome to stay at my place. I have room enough and we can organize a UK gig.
I live in the middle of Bretagne, which means that in any direction you want to visit, it is max 1,5 hour drive

k

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2008, 08:17:39 PM »

The gig in december will take place, it's my birthday and i want to celebrate with music Grin
Quite right too  Wink If you can go live with any of this I'll be watching on the Saturday, and possibly the Sunday morning.
But, James and Will, if you want to come in holliday to Bretagne in spring, you are more then welcome to stay at my place. I have room enough and we can organize a UK gig.
That's a great offer. James and I will have to get our heads together Smiley
I live in the middle of Bretagne, which means that in any direction you want to visit, it is max 1,5 hour drive

k

With the tunnel up and running properly by then, I'd be very inclined to come by car - That'd be a first too Smiley

- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2008, 05:02:54 PM »

I like the sound of this ! Looking forward seeing you with us Folderol.

Moon
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to: