Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:01:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: -Thread Closed--  (Read 6287 times)
Alahnae

« on: March 31, 2008, 11:56:58 PM »

Deleted

OP:
I took the time to delete what was 'posted' here seeing that it was pointing people off the site..

wOO

cio
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:34:24 PM by Alahnae » Logged

"You can't own the groove, it owns you..its like a fire..you can feel it.. touch it and it changes you forever"
Alahnae
Alahnae

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:04:18 AM »

Feel Free to delete this post if you deem it spam

sorry for any inconveniences Grin

"You can't own the groove, it owns you..its like a fire..you can feel it.. touch it and it changes you forever"
Alahnae
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »

While we don't consider this spam I do have a couple suggestions.

Most members here enjoy the fellowship or comaraderie of this site and are reluctant to go join another forum or group elsewhere to participate.
Also some members are pretty busy in their life and have chosen this forum as the one they participate in as their sole collaboration site. (me for instance)

Thirdly, this collaboration effort is what Kara-Moon is all about.  So in the spirit of that maybe you will want to set up a way for members here to have access to the songs and be able to participate without having to leave this site to get the tracks, etc.
 It will likely result in much greater response from our members.
The idea is inviting..and fits this forum..but the method seemed 'off target'. Wink

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 03:32:27 PM »

Alahnae,

If you want to get set up to handle internet collaborations yourself on a budget (without using on-line facilities), some of us have assembled digital audio workstations based on a Linux operating system. There is a lot of learning involved, but when it's in place you have the capacity to conduct professional quality internet collaborations - and the software won't cost you a penny (beyond what you feel able to contribute to the developers...strictly voluntary).

Anything you may want to do collaboration-wise, we can help you accomplish right here.....with results far superior to anything I've heard from the on-line collab sites.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it Cheesy

Oren.

Alahnae

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »

While we don't consider this spam I do have a couple suggestions.

Most members here enjoy the fellowship or comaraderie of this site and are reluctant to go join another forum or group elsewhere to participate.
Also some members are pretty busy in their life and have chosen this forum as the one they participate in as their sole collaboration site. (me for instance)

Thirdly, this collaboration effort is what Kara-Moon is all about.  So in the spirit of that maybe you will want to set up a way for members here to have access to the songs and be able to participate without having to leave this site to get the tracks, etc.
 It will likely result in much greater response from our members.
The idea is inviting..and fits this forum..but the method seemed 'off target'. Wink

well ..im trying to consolidate my work area, this site is slow for me,  not really interested int having to spread out my work bench over two sites like that..
understood that this is a place that is productive in the concept of collaboration, the concept of collaboration is 'typical' in any music forum..
joining a sect or forum or click of people to 'qualify' the concept of collaboration seems a bit "off target"

like i said, i meant to 'share' my workbench and open to it to 'musicians' willing to work with me..

think of it like me sitting in a school lunch room at my own table and asking someone at another table if they want a piece of my pizza pie, and then this table says
"not unless you bring it here to this table *L* 'just don't take my friend's away to your table"

im looking at this like well this was almost predicted. *L*

but hey Im just tryen to be nice so..right, maybe it was better to not offer ..seeing that it makes me look like a threat or some kinda sneek tryen to destabilize the click or 'fellowship or camaraderie' or 'spirt' here.

anyway rather then carry on with this ..I see that it was my bad ..in a way having been here before i kinda caught the vibe was such.

i will move out and on with this ..so as to not take up any more of your time.
because people here are very busy ..agreed.

cio

Alahnae
Alahnae

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 07:19:17 PM »

Alahnae,

If you want to get set up to handle internet collaborations yourself on a budget (without using on-line facilities), some of us have assembled digital audio workstations based on a Linux operating system. There is a lot of learning involved, but when it's in place you have the capacity to conduct professional quality internet collaborations - and the software won't cost you a penny (beyond what you feel able to contribute to the developers...strictly voluntary).

Anything you may want to do collaboration-wise, we can help you accomplish right here.....with results far superior to anything I've heard from the on-line collab sites.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it Cheesy

Oren.
hmm..sounds like a great dish..
but the site here is very slow for some off reason..might want to check with that

Im all set up already without the linux right now im pretty stable on my system..
the system i have is off line for construction .

i have files that i upload into separated tracks...for collaboration ..basic drums, bass, rythem, ..they drop right into most popular DAW people just download them and insert them into separate tracks ..they build on it..add there part and upload just that tack and i download that and then insert it and go back and forth..adding tracks..

In fact whats is happening right now is that people are just going ahead and taking the tracks I cooked up just for there own fun and whatever..
I dont care thats my way..give it out..if they can use it as a template for fun or whattever then thats great! im happy to have contributed that way..

you wont see me taking this beyond giving it..

if i shared a slice of my pizza and you liked it, and you asked for the recipe you think id like stamp a pattent on it and charge you *L*

oh no.. music is like that for me ..if i share it it comes back .
 Grin i kinda feel its best shared

Alahnae
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:08:54 PM »

but hey Im just tryen to be nice so..right, maybe it was better to not offer ..seeing that it makes me look like a threat or some kinda sneek tryen to destabilize the click or 'fellowship or camaraderie' or 'spirt' here.

Alahnae,

Please allow me to comment: Kara-Moon is a place where musicians meet and collaborate in making music. Our trademark is respect for each other and establishing a constructive environment.

You're welcome to collaborate at our place. I'm only requesting when making posts to remain constructive.

Thanks for understanding,

Moon 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: