Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:59:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clavia Nord Lead 2X R.I.P...  (Read 6862 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 01, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »

My dream of owning a Nord Lead 2X was squashed.The Nord Lead 2X is out of production-with the exception of the anniversary edition model being manufactured on a VERY limited basis.

Only 300 are being made and Clavia is charging an extra $600 for the same f**king keyboard!! Angry Angry

The only differance is the inverted color scheme...Clavia just needs to go away all together...I don't want to see any more of this bulls**t again.

This company is evil!!!

Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »

That's surprises me Thom,
It's true that there is a special anniversary model, which is numbered and signed, other did this before them.

But I didn't find information of the regular Lead 2X going out of production ?

K

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 10:50:06 AM »

Well, this looks like a surprise: The nord Wave can't be seen as the replacement of the Nord 2X, even only considering it's price tag. I would expect a succesor of the X2 in the same price range, but stopping production without replacing the 2X does in fact looks strange.

Let's hope it stays in production for a while !

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »

A couple of days ago,I had searched all the retailers that I could find that normally carry the Nord Lead and there were no traces of them having carried it,or I had seen messages saying that it was discontinued from thier store.

What was even more odd,is that there were no retailers that had thier remaining stock on clearance,as they just seemed to all disappear. Huh

Last night,I had checked the Clavia website and the Nord Lead 2X was not listed in thier discontinued items section,so perhaps this is not the case?

So what happened then?Did Clavia tell all of thier retailers to bury thier remaining stock of Nords and hide them while Clavia pushes thier anniversary edition Nords?

Something really foul is going on here and I am going to try contacting my sales rep to get some insight into the matter.

I will keep you posted...

Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 05:45:45 PM »

I just spoke with my Sweetwater sales rep & he confirmed my suspicion of the Nord being discontinued...he does have one left in stock,but this news came at a really bad time,so I will never have a Nord in this lifetime,as I do not buy used.

As it had turned out,I bought one of the few remaining Alesis Ions-as they were a discontinued item as well,so at least I have the Ion.

If Clavia possesses any common sense at all,they will make a version of the Lead with built in effects & a display screen and maybe thier sales will improve in the future,but I won't hold my breath.

Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 06:44:20 PM »

O boy, bad news ! I hope the 2x will be replaced by something in a more price-friendly unit than the wave. Or perhaps, now, they'll lower the price !  Wink

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: