Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:29:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VISTA for the DAW  (Read 9425 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: May 04, 2008, 03:37:18 PM »

There's no escaping: sooner or later we'll have to use Vista... Well, we all know that Vista is a performance killer and therefor totally unfit for a DAW installation. But, there might be a solution with this : http://www.vlite.net/about.html

If anyone should have experience stripping Vista down for DAW-usage, please let us know.

Moon
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 04:07:14 PM »

(here is where Oren makes a smart-ass comment Roll Eyes - ..............use your imagination Cheesy)

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 04:34:43 PM »

Undecided I'm not interested to Vista, now, but I save the link just in case...
Thanks
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 07:06:21 PM »

(here is where Oren makes a smart-ass comment Roll Eyes - ..............use your imagination Cheesy)
I can't possibly imagine what that might be Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 07:16:47 PM »

I can't possibly imagine what that might be Grin

Grin lol  Grin
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »

Grin lol  Grin

It seems I'm using windoze less and less each day. There are Linux tools "hiding" all over the web that will do even the ordinary internet chores that I have been using XP for; only a matter of time and learning. Vizta will not fly here Wink!

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 10:50:58 AM »

There's no escaping: sooner or later we'll have to use Vista...

Oh yes there is life without Vista. Oren has already proven that..    Smiley

I have planned very carefully, so that I will not have to feel at the mercy of Vista.

New computer..not the fastest, but plenty fast for my OS..which is XP sp2, (and I have it on CD). I don't
need an upgrade for my DAW anymore, it still knows more than I do..

..and if the day ever comes when this is not enough?? ..Well, I will just drop my amp off  up the street at
Max's Garage and see if they still have Thursday nights open.    Cool

From what I have heard from Oren lately,  well..it just doesn't get better than that.

.. listen to those beauties and you will realize that the next best step is Linux.

Wyatt

PS..thank you ever so much for the opportunity to rag about Vista!   Grin
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:57:23 PM by Wyatt » Logged

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 07:25:30 PM »

There's no escaping: sooner or later we'll have to use Vista...

There was life before Vista, there is life during (in spite of Vista) & there will be life long after Vista is a fairy tale to scare the grandkids with Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 08:21:48 PM »

I consider Vista a passing OS like Windows Me, infact it seems at MS they're already working on the following system.
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »

Vista is not worth looking into. XP service pack3 is out and most people I've talked with claim a substantial performance increase with it. I haven't installed it yet myself. So we'll see.
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 04:38:19 PM »

... XP service pack3 is out and most people I've talked with claim a substantial performance increase with it. I haven't installed it yet myself. So we'll see.

Service Pack 3 is working on one of my XPpro computers; very smooth transition, but with no apparent improvement in performance.

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 07:13:18 PM »

... XP service pack3 is out and most people I've talked with claim a substantial performance increase with it. I haven't installed it yet myself. So we'll see.

Service Pack 3 is working on one of my XPpro computers; very smooth transition, but with no apparent improvement in performance.

Good to know, so I don't need to hurry  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: