Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:43:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facts...  (Read 24223 times)
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 10:15:44 PM »

Comes up No3 worldwide, but if you search 'UK only' it's nowhere in the first 25 pages. I didn't think it was worth scrolling any further.  Undecided
 Wink
James

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 01:14:22 AM »

Smooth move, Rharv. You know this bird is going to fly wOO

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 11:52:52 AM »

We don't want people that are looking for royalty free music in a search. At least I don't.  They tend to swoop in, eat up bandwidth and leave.
 However adding the word 'free' before 'music collaboration site' seems to be working for others. Maybe we should add it to the title and description.
 Thoughts?
 The best hit is an exact match to a string of words..

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 02:23:27 PM »

We don't want people that are looking for royalty free music in a search. At least I don't.  They tend to swoop in, eat up bandwidth and leave.
 However adding the word 'free' before 'music collaboration site' seems to be working for others. Maybe we should add it to the title and description.

I have the same feeling  about "free". We want to attract potential members who are inclined to contribute to our community (rather than grab what they can and run).
Let's go for perhaps a little less visitor traffic, and focus on attracting some quality participation and long-term support.

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 06:37:54 PM »

focus on attracting some quality participation and long-term support
I agree on these last words  Grin
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 06:53:56 PM »

Hmm. Didn't think of that - good points all.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Max el Belga
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 11:52:16 AM »

It seems we´ve got a nice bunch of people here together, doing interesting things.
´Cose I´m pretty sure the visitors don´t come here for our sexy looks. Shocked

Kara and Moon are doing something with probably more impact than we or they can realise at the moment ! The music bussiness is changing very drastical; a turning point.  The biggest part of the musicians are still outside the virtual world...
I don´t know where we´re heading to, but I´m sure Kara and Moon are on the right track ! Grin

Cheers mates,

Max... .. . wOO
Max el Belga
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 05:52:26 PM »

I´ve just mailed a friend at Trixonline (a music institute in Antwerp) inviting them to take a look here and warned them about our musical reunion on Belgian soil in september.

Max... .. . wOO
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 06:02:53 PM »

These folks look like a very active, enthusiastic community!

(sometimes my limited language skills seem pathetically inadequate when compared to these multi-lingual Europeans.... Tongue)

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 11:16:50 PM »

(sometimes my limited language skills seem pathetically inadequate when compared to these multi-lingual Europeans.... Tongue)

Ditto

The older I get the better I was!
Max el Belga
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 10:22:56 AM »

Everything has a good and a bad side : you speak the 'most common' language and we had to learn it as 2º language to get along.
As soon as one knows a second language, a 3º is easier to learn.
Of course seldon we can express ourselfs as good in your language as you do.
Another fact : in countries with subtittled (US and GB) programs kids learn english very fast.  My oldest daughter spook English at 10, just looking at the Bill Cosby Show !
France, Germany, Spain and Italy unfortunately have a doubling system.  This is in favour of Arnold Schwartzenegger : in Spain he has a real macho-voice and don´t suffer from that feminine voice with heavy Austrian accent ! Cheesy

The will to communicate is more important than the language.  About 36 years ago I had a wonderful chat all night long with a Spanish musician, who spook only Spanish and my vocabulary at that moment was still limited to 'cerveza' with a certain number of fingers in the air...

Cheers,

Max... .. . wOO
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 07:04:39 PM »

The will to communicate is more important than the language.  About 36 years ago I had a wonderful chat all night long with a Spanish musician, who spook only Spanish and my vocabulary at that moment was still limited to 'cerveza' with a certain number of fingers in the air...

Cheers,

Max... .. . wOO

I can whole-heartedly agree with this.

Some years ago I had a backpack holiday around Germany. my best memory was when I stopped at Koblenz, one afternoon got a room for the night, the wandered down to a restaurant  that overlooks the Rhine/Mossel junction. After a short while a Dutch couple introduced themselves, laughed with me at my pathetic German, then effortlessly switched to English. They also drew in a Spanish family on a nearby table. The Woman had to translate for her elderly parents - enthusisatically assisted by the children - but by now we were becoming quite a party. Several Germans joined in spontaneously and an older American couple also joined in.

As I remember it was about 6pm when I got there, and we didn't leave until the place closed down in the early hours of the morning. I spent the following days on a fantastic high!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2008, 07:17:06 PM »

Interesting subject..interesting story Will..thanks.

In the 60's I was working in a glass factory, and a new hire from Germany didn't speak a word of English. They partnered him with me, and I didn't speak a word of German. I honestly can't recall ever being at an impasse understanding each other. Of course, the work itself was a sort of Rosetta stone for us, and I have always remembered how surprising it was to me to actually get on so easily.

Wyatt

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: