Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:37:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CME UF8 for sale  (Read 6644 times)
Fred S
Moderators Views

« on: May 03, 2008, 11:55:46 PM »

I'm going to sell my UF8; 88 hammer action keysboard with aftertouch. Lots of knobs and buttons. 8 sliders that actually work automatically with the B4 (the feature I liked best), and 4 velosity curves.
Works with midi or USB. I've been using midi as I think its a little better overall than the USB software (downloadable on the website).

Personally I can't stand the fact that the black keys are more sensitive than the white. Not all that noticeable except for the C# and D# almost 2 octives down from middle C. Presumably the velosities can be adjusted
with software downloadable from the website. I just don't think one should have to do that. Also, CME keeps promising a new internal hardware replacement, but nothing yet. Which really isn't all that surprising since support from CME is non-existent.

In summary, I don't need it anymore now that I have the S90ES. Its a great keyboard in design, and could have been a great keyboard overall (built like a tank) if CME was interested in fixing the issues. Personally, I can't tolerate the lack of support. All that said, it might be a good deal for someone here. I was thinking $200 including the shipping or you pay $140 and the shipping cost. I think it cost 5 or 6 hundred new.

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »

Sounds like bargain, Fred!

Some keyboard player in the southwestern U.S. will snap that puppy up... Grin

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:58:58 PM »

it might be a good deal for someone here

It certainly is  Wink
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 07:22:44 PM »

Do I hear the chink of money changing hands Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »

Just thought I'd give friends a shot at it first if anyone is interested. If not, I'll see what I can get for it on EBay. I have way to many keyboards already...most of them up in the garage rafters waiting to become vintage  Cheesy 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: