Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:20:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greatest synths of today...  (Read 4425 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: May 31, 2008, 08:28:08 AM »

Everybody has it's own ideas on what the greatest synth is. Three of the greatest synths of today working together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfRIESfKn0E&feature=related

Virus TI
Nord Modular
Moog Little Phatty

You'll need a serious budget for these 3 babies though...

Moon
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:28:03 AM »

You said it, not in everyones budget, but certainly a great choice !

Don't forget that Gianni, is well known as cover artist and as such has the knowledge to work with those Smiley

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 03:54:55 PM »

Moon,

A fantastic video with a superb demonstration of those synths. Cool

I would love to have a Nord & a Virus,because they seem worth the money,but as for the Moog,I personally have no desire to pay extra for a true analogue synth.

I am such a huge fan of virtual hardware keyboards,because they do such an amazing job of replicating the old analogue signal path and accomplishing that at a significantly lower price is wonderful and that to me,is what constitutes a great synth. Grin
Furthermore,I am more of a fan of Kurzweil,because with the PC3 keyboard,I can replicate the sounds from all 3 of those synths for 1/3 the price of that guy's synth set up.
As to how well the Kurzweil can model those sounds remains to be seen,that is until I can get my hands on one,but a couple of other big selling points for me on the Kurzweil,is having all those sound generating possiblities in a workstation.

The Kurzweil will probably be a big learning curve for me,but I plan on challenging all those sounds of those synths,to see what the Kurzweil can really do! Grin

A Kurzweil has always been a most highly revered keyboard by me and I can now finally afford to own one and I am confident that once you hear all of Kurzweil's potential,this keyboard will take a place on your greatest synth list. Cheesy

Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 06:41:31 PM »

Furthermore,I am more of a fan of Kurzweil,because with the PC3 keyboard,I can replicate the sounds from all 3 of those synths for 1/3 the price of that guy's synth set up.

Hmmm... I fully agree with with you that the Kurzweil PC3 is a fantastic synth, but I seriously doubt that it can do what the Virus TI and Nord G2 can do. Don't forget, the Virus is a fantastic analogue synth and the Nord Modular G2 is a fantastic modular synth, and being modular it's giving you awfull lot's of possibilities. I think a very good setup would be the PC3 as workhorse... I mean workstation, togetger with a Nord Moduler G2 and the Virus TI rack. Allthough in my case I would prefer the Korg M3 as workstation also for the Karma functionality (allthoug I do admit that Korg's M3 soundengine is propably not as advanced as Kurzweil's... )
Anyway, there's really fantastic gear out there, that's for sure ! Smiley

And like they say in french: 'Des gouts et des couleurs on ne discutte pas'. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Pc3, Virus TI and Modular G2. All three belong to the top synths of this time...

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: