Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:43:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Demo Songs(Kurzweil PC3)!!  (Read 8370 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: June 13, 2008, 11:42:41 PM »

Just click on the audio icon on the product page and enjoy.... wOO

http://www.kurzweilmusicsystems.com/Product.php?product=181
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 11:44:33 PM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 04:31:04 PM »

This unit is a class act, as is the website. Very impressive. Cool

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 04:37:30 PM »

These are very impressive. Of the 'real' instruments I thought the guitars were the best. Surprisingly, I thought the smooth strings were the least convincing, although the pizzicato ones were excellent Huh

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 10:41:38 PM »

The nylon guitar was terrible!  I've written a better nylon gtr sample myself.
A couple of the synth sample songs were impressive, nice texture.

.. but I think Jaco would be pissed about them saying that was his sound.  I have a live youtube of jaco with better fidelity; the sample was bad..overdone on effects.  The harmonics at the end sounded good.  Sorry- I'm a Jaco fanatic; his sound was incredible.

Kurzweil has some hit & miss sounds in my opinion, like any other synth (it just costs a lot more than most).

Thanks for posting the link, I'm glad I got a chance to hear it.  Like most synths; it has it's uses

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 08:42:56 AM »

Like Rharv said, all synths have good & bad sounds, and a trouble domain are very often guitar sounds and horn sounds.... Very hard to get those right !
It's not only the quality of the sample, it's allso the way they are played.
I know only of the Yamaha Tyros 2 who made a big step forward on integrating the way of playing in an instrument in his keyboard. If you play an accoustic guitar on a Tyros it is played like a guitar is played and not just as you push the keys.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 09:17:37 AM »

Yes the website is very good
Sometimes I look with interest to the real thing (hardware keyboards) and I think technology improved this machines synthesis as well as software synths....
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »

If you play an accoustic guitar on a Tyros it is played like a guitar is played and not just as you push the keys.

Well, most synths are 'good' in many domains, but they usually 'shine' in one or few. This is the case for both the Tyros & new Kurzweil. If you're looking for a synth with 88 piano keys, good 'natural' instrument and those 'mega voices' Kara is referring too, than you definetly must have a look to Yamaha's S 90 ES. Also a beautifull and great sounding piano-synth. It's not a workstation though, so if you're into sequencing you need to look elsewhere. It does play midi files though, so it's a great instrument for on the stage and great for the studio as master keyboard.

Btw... personnaly, I think that hardware synths still have an edge over their software brothers... OK, they're more expensive too, so don't start this discussion...

Moon
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »

Yeah, there is something about the control of a hardware synth. Plus it does all the work, taking the load off of the CPU, so they definately have their benefits. Plus, if you play out somewhere it it's much easier to grab the synth than the whole computer.
 I don't thnk I'll buy another synth that doesn't sample (or upload wav files as samples).  I really like being able to use any sound I can hear..

That kurzweil does sound real good on some things, I think I just picked the bad ones right away.  When I heard the nylon guitar, and then the Jaco patch I was disappointed, but as I ventured on to other ones it was more impressive.

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: