Kara-Moon Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:06:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Been gone for a while  (Read 3373 times)
yrj77

« on: August 14, 2008, 05:00:38 AM »

Hey, I'm back.  I was gone for a while.  I went to New Orleans to help work on a church that was ruined after Hurricane Katrina, and after I got back worked had piled up.  I also have been trying to dedicate myself to understanding trance music better.  Some of you heard my first attempt at it, and I got some helpful feedback.  But Kara had mentioned that the song was probably not "club" ready.  So I had to figure out what I was missing because I was hoping to create something that might be heard in club.

After doing some research (mostly listening to ETN.fm Trance Station on iTunes) I have come to understand what Kara was talking about.  I also did a bit of reading on the subject, and that was helpful as well.  I am working on another song to eventually show all the good folks here at Kara-Moon.  It may be a while before I am creating a song that would make into a club, but I think that the song I'm working on now is a step in the right direction.

yrj77
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 08:12:24 AM »

Welcome back  Cool
I'm looking forward to your new song

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 05:48:37 PM »

Welcome back !
I haven't been to NO after Katrina...
...I think I'm not able to recognize many parts of the city anymore after that... Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: