Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:41:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A question about free forum domians..  (Read 5931 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: September 01, 2008, 01:40:44 AM »

Several months ago,I had first taken interest in starting my own forum when I saw an advertisement for one,right here on Kara-Moon.

I did not jump on the opportunity then,so I don't remember the name of the company that provided that particular free domain service.
I googled for some possible companies & found Forumsland.com,but registering for that was a terrible pain in the *ss & I got nowhere with them.

My idea for a forum,is to focus on studio hardware/outboard gear & keyboards for people like myself,who are primarily interested in making music without the use of computers,softsynths & the like.
I have grown tired of going to several different forums,just to get tidbits of info on this & that,to suit my particular interests in gear,so I thought I would provide a one-stop place on the net,for like-minded people who have similar gear interests.

If anyone knows of any good free domains,or has any suggestions,I'd appreciate some info.

Thanks,

Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:12:40 AM »

Thom, there's a hardware section on our forum. If you are interested in setting up a forum on this subject, you can do it right here: the only thing we need to do is making you moderator of this section. You would have the advantage that you reach the KM-visitors...

Moon
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »

Moon,

That sounds like a great prospect,but I wonder how we can draw more people into this section,because it seems that only the music retailers that have thier own forums,are the only ones with large numbers of members/visitors.

The hardware section as it is,does not have much activity.Of course,I'd like to help change that and do whatever I can to build up a thriving community,so I'd like to give it a go. Cool
Obviously,this is something brand new to me,so bear with me on this,as I am not really a quick study and I'm not sure of all that is involved in an endevour such as this,but I'd love the opportunity to try.
So please,give me all the details...bring it on! Grin

Thanks,

Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »

...there's a hardware section on our forum. If you are interested in setting up a forum on this subject, you can do it right here: the only thing we need to do is making you moderator of this section...

Good idea!  Afro

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 07:38:10 PM »

OK Thom, we welcome you as a new moderator: you now have moderator rights on the hardware section.

Congratulations !

Moon
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »

Great !

Welcome Thom, if everything is setup in the right way, you should allso see the mod section now

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:10:49 PM »

Kara-Moon,

My deepest thanks to you both for this opportunity & I am very pleased to have this level of involvement in this magnificent forum!

Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 04:25:30 AM »

Welcome aboard, Thom! Cool

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 03:09:03 PM »

Thanks Oren! Cool

Pages: [1]