Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:02:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wave Pad Master's Edition  (Read 5674 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: September 30, 2008, 02:17:37 AM »

In my last desperate attempt to amplify my latest song file,I went digging around in the Switch Converter & there is an option to customize the level of gain,but when I clicked on to it,it brought to a seperate editing page,called "Wave Pad Master's Edition".Navigating around was simple enough & I brought the gain up,but when I saved it to one of my folders & clicked on the song,the volume was still as low as it was when I started. Huh

I then went to help drop down menu & I noticed an option to purchase the Wave Pad Master's Edition...so apparently,I have to spend $38 just to be able to amplify my song,because I stumbled upon a "teaser trailer" for the software of which I am required to buy toactuallyuse the functions for real. Angry

For the life of me,I cannot get the LAME code into the Audacity program,because it seems that something is blocking me from importing it. Huh

If I cannot get past simple obstacles such as this,then I will be in serious dire straits if I start delving into pc recording & synthesis,I think.
I am having such a terrible time with trouble-shooting pc issues,that I am having second thoughts about getting a keyboard controller & becoming involved with Cubase & ZynAddSubFX & such.
I really don't want to be a nuisance to people here on the forum,by making people crazy with all of my requests for help...so I am thinking about eliminating the idea of getting a Kurzweil & just save my money for a computer school.

Did any of you go through computer school to get to where you are now with computers-knowledge-wise?
I just think I am down to this last option,because my pc-ignorance is really out of hand. Embarrassed

-Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:29:53 AM »

Thom, can you try this step by step instruction
1. Go to : http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/
2. Download the libmp3lame-win-3.97.zip from the midle of the page and store it to your desktop.
3. Open the zip file on your desktop and extract it to the same directory as where your audacity is on your computer.
4. Open audacity and load a wav file.
5. Choose export to mp3
6. Audacity will ask you where to find the lame encoder. Browse to the directory and double click on lame-enc.dll which will be in ...\audacity\libmp3lame-3.97\lame_enc.dll

Now let's see what happens...;

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 04:28:04 PM »

I then went to help drop down menu & I noticed an option to purchase the Wave Pad Master's Edition...so apparently,I have to spend $38 just to be able to amplify my song,because I stumbled upon a "teaser trailer" for the software of which I am required to buy toactuallyuse the functions for real. Angry
For the life of me,I cannot get the LAME code into the Audacity program,because it seems that something is blocking me from importing it. Huh
If I cannot get past simple obstacles such as this,then I will be in serious dire straits if I start delving into pc recording & synthesis,I think.
I really don't want to be a nuisance to people here on the forum,by making people crazy with all of my requests for help...so I am thinking about eliminating the idea of getting a Kurzweil & just save my money for a computer school.
Did any of you go through computer school to get to where you are now with computers-knowledge-wise?
I just think I am down to this last option,because my pc-ignorance is really out of hand. Embarrassed

Thom,

Kara's information is accurate and complete.
Persevere with Audacity, learn the mind-set that allows you to deal effectively with computers, and then apply it to all your subsequent computer music challenges as they crop up. Arduous, but worth the effort in the long run. Computer school will focus mainly on preparing you for Windoze or MacIntosh software applications - not open-source.

Bob Harvey was my principal inspiration as I learned computer recording (he didn't know it at the time). This guy has forgotten more than most of us will ever know. Bob and the crew at PG Music were very helpful to a brain-challenged analog tape-jockey from the '70s, trying to make sense of bits and bytes.
Lately, Will(Folderol) and Kara have been very helpful in unraveling the wonders of open-source music software Kiss

As you explore the world of open-source software, you'll notice two things:
1)the developers are not there to spoon-feed you - the information is presented, and it is up to you to apply it.
2)they are not out to sell you anything - no sales tricks, gimmicks, limited functions, or other hidden agendas. Very relaxing, and respectful of your intelligence.
Stick with open-source, learn the ropes, and then begin contributing as you're able. We all win. Afro
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:36:33 PM by Oren » Logged

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 04:54:57 PM »

Kara,

Your instructions worked for me beautifully & you've restored my confidence in tackling & grasping the concept of PC recording and I am forever grateful-thank you kindly! Kiss
As for the softsynth world-bring it on..I'm ready for it!

Thom Cool

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 05:36:32 PM »

Oren,

Yep indeed,Kara's instructions are certainly right-on-the-money & impossible to screw up-as I found out! Cheesy

As for my arduous journey through the computer world...well...I am certainly all for the concept of do-it-yourself,but with certain things,instructions adhere to me much better when I receive them in person-or perhaps a instructional dvd would be equally helpful.
In the first two years of my first pc-in all that time,I had only progressed far enough to learn the most fundamental of computer tasks-mainly because I had gotten into the game way too late and I had no one to teach me the ropes of pc recording-that is until I met you people. Cool

The way that I was introduced to keyboard workstations,was that I had been given the fundamentals by a studio engineer friend & he walked me through the functions of my first workstation(the Korg M1),back in '87.

If it were not for him,who knows how long it might have been,before I became proficient with synth workstations.
Of course since then,I now have 21 years experience in this area,so I can tackle any keyboard workstation out there with minimal effort.

Computer recording is so much more intricate & complex than hardware recording,with a very vast labyrinth of compatibility issues and for me personally,I can very easily drown,when trying to swim through the vast sea of perils & pitfalls of the pc world,because I'm not very buoyant on my own,without some sort of life-raft.
It's as if I have some sort of learning disability,of sorts.

It's good to know that online resources such as the open source,are honest & forthwright,but when I conduct a search on Yahoo or Google & there is a long list of cache's & I worry that I may run into a counterfeit website that has solicitous or malicious intent...so I try to be very cautious.

In my seraches,I have noticed SoundForge and SourceForge-what's the difference-is there a difference?

I will certainly stick to the open sources & with the people of Kara-Moon behind me,how can I go wrong? Grin Kiss

Thanks for all of the support. Cool

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »

Something I find helps when I feel overwhelmed by the complexity of any technology, is to focus on simple things we do all the time without any apparent effort. It helps me get things back in proportion.

A fairly obvious example is riding a bike. If you think through in detail everything you actually do to accomplish that you realise technology is really all that 'difficult' just a new and different skill, that takes time to learn and perfect.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: