Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:01:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NI Reaktor 5  (Read 4104 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: October 07, 2008, 03:48:01 PM »

I may never progress this far into software recording-at least not anytime soon,but the Reaktor 5 package really peaked my interest,as it seems like a tremendous value.
Since it is a synth,sampler & sequencer all-in-one,I have not seen a better value so far-unless of course,this is just an upgrade?I don't think it is an upgrade & if it is in fact-not,then I'm guessing that there are not an abunance of sounds that come with it....still though,$400 seems reasonable & it recieved a good review from SoundOnSound magazine.
I think that if at some point,I decide to make an investment in software to this degree,this may very well be one of them.
One feature that is very important to me-more than anything else,is the ability to record in real time using patterns-so that will always be the deciding factor in my purchase.
The Reaktor 5 has 3 different types of step sequencing & what is called a Matrix sequencer...I'm guessing this is pattern-based sequencing?

Since my Cubase LE has a 64 track sequencer & a 48 audio tracks...as long as I have the ability to import whatever virtual instruments I want and it has pattern sequencing,then certainly,the Cubase LE is all I would ever want or need.

Does anyone here have experience with Cubase LE,or any detailed knowledge of it?

I'm just trying to get a basic outline of it's functions,& compatibilty,so that I know what to buy & what to avoid,when I decide at some point to buy software sounds.

One of the reasons I took notice of the Reaktor 5 package,is it has everything to get started & without having to worry about compatibilty issues,as it seems to have everything I would ever need(apart from maybe adding softsynth upgrades from NI).

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated. Cool

Thanks,

-Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 10:52:27 AM »

I don't have a real expierence with Cubase, but the word 'pattern sequencer' strucked me in you post.
If you want to ga that route, I think there are better solutions.
Two names comes to my mind, Fruity Loops studio and Orion.
You could have a look at those; before you decide

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 05:09:35 PM »

If you want a good pattern sequencer, then Fruity Loops won't dissappoint you a bit. This is the best pattern sequencer to my knoweldge. You can also run this as plugin in Cubase or any other host supportng VSTi's.

Also a great feature of FL: it's not epensive and you can upgrade FL for free as long as you live! That's really cool, never have to worry about expensive upgrades, regardless how many new features that are added.

Highly recommendable !!!

Moon

P.S.: Yes, I'm a FL fan!  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: