Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:42:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I think I've found my dream DAW!!!  (Read 8249 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: October 09, 2008, 06:20:35 PM »

I'd like to begin with thanking everyone for all of the input & suggestions,as they've been very helpful,but it seems that Wyatt has really nailed it down for me,with regard to moderately priced DAW software!
Wyatt was kind enough to e-mail me a link to Propellerhead's website and I was pleasantly shocked at all the numerous amount of video tutorials & audio demos on the version 4 of Reason...woah! Cheesy
Propellerhead's product descriptions are so detailed & comprehensive,that they tell me exactly everything of it's functions & features,so I know what I'm getting into and I now know precisely what I want-before I buy-incredible! wOO

Reason 4 has the pattern sequencing I need,a vast sound library with a very flexible synth engine & incredible sample-based patches...overall,it's a very in-depth & powerful,all-in-one workstation that will not bog down my pc...WOW!

I was so happy with the factory sound demos,that I began writing down device names & program patches for future reference....I absolutely fell in love with the guitar patches...they made me see God!! Shocked Afro

Best of all,their beginner tutorial video is perfect for people like me...I'm convinced that I've found my dream DAW.
All the reviews that I've read of this software are good & there are countless reviews out there!
After doing the math & crunching numbers,Reason 4,M-Audio Axiom 49 & the M-Audio BX5a's will run me $1,012.00(tax included).

This is a considerable investment,but well worth every red cent for what I'll get,especially so,since I'll have the piece of mind knowing that I'll be happy with the software I buy-even before I make the purchase!
Between Wyatt's recommendation & Propellerhead's definitively descriptive video/audio demos,how can I go wrong? Grin

Thanks again to everyone for their input & thank you Wyatt! Cheesy

-Thom

mlit

bada-pisch!

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 06:01:42 PM »

i have the full version of the app you desire. want me to burn it to a dvd and snail mail it to ya?

do not judge music by it's drug!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:54:02 PM »

Roger,

I appreciate the thought,but I don't believe in pirated software,as it's not fair to undercut a company like that and I don't want to contribute to possibly driving up the cost of the software for other users.
There's something else to consider also....in order for me to reap the benefits of Propellerheads website-such as updates,refills & such,I need a registration number
in order to register on the site,to access the site's features.

Aside from all that,I feel that Reason 4 has alot to offer for the price and I am happy to pay it-especially since buying a keyboard that had all this to offer,would cost thousands.

Thanks anyway,

-Thom

mlit

bada-pisch!

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 08:42:45 AM »

i wouldn't use the word pirated, .. more or less "try before you buy" Wink

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »

It seems that quite a number of people out there do use "copies" of the software for that very purpose-to try it out,but there are demos on the site,so I do not really understand why some people feel the need use the copies. Huh

I don't even have a midi controller yet,so I can't demo anything anyway.When I have the money to place the order,I'm buying everything at once-controller & software.
Aside from all that,I've learned enough so far,to know that I will like what I'm buying...there's really no question about it. Cool

-Thom

Alienz

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 06:10:47 PM »

Reason still can't run VST's though can it? That's always put me of from even considering Reason while i can imagine the workflow in it is probably a bit easier than most DAW's
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 12:07:17 AM »

No,Reason 4 continues to not support VST's and that's one of the reasons I want Reason 4,because I am not interested in bogging down my pc with every softsynth on the planet. Roll Eyes
Due to the overwhelming amount of requests for such a feature,I am sure that Reason 5 in the future,will have VST support.
If that does happen,I think it will be a bad idea,because you'll probably need a frichen 8 core MacPro just to run the s**t! Tongue

-Thom

mlit

bada-pisch!

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 01:52:51 AM »

... because you'll probably need a frichen 8 core MacPro just to run the s**t! Tongue

lol haha  Grin

rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 12:25:27 PM »

No,Reason 4 continues to not support VST's and that's one of the reasons I want Reason 4,because I am not interested in bogging down my pc with every softsynth on the planet. Roll Eyes
Due to the overwhelming amount of requests for such a feature,I am sure that Reason 5 in the future,will have VST support.
If that does happen,I think it will be a bad idea,because you'll probably need a frichen 8 core MacPro just to run the s**t! Tongue

-Thom

I think it's because they want to continue to push their proprietary stuff and VSTi's would take away from that..

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 01:55:18 PM »

I think it's because they want to continue to push their proprietary stuff and VSTi's would take away from that..
[/quote]

Yes,I agree with this,but one of their marketing tools is also providing a stable program-which is one of the major selling points for me. Cool

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: