Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:47:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 5600 times)
Jackstraw
« on: December 29, 2006, 11:15:40 PM »

Hi all, a quick story on how I arrived at this site. I've been looking for something to make background music so I can crack open a beer, plug in my electric guitar and play. I've found several "jam machines'' online but they're extremely limited. While surfing I remembered Sourceforge and that I'd downloaded Gimp (great program btw) from there some time ago. This program seems pretty amazing, however, and I'd like to take a stab at it. I've just been going over the tutorial, and I guess I somewhat understand how to designate notes, chords etc., but I'm having some general issues with where and how to create midi files, how and where to save them, etc. I am running the Windows version. I have zero knowledge of programming, and I feel kinda silly that I can't get through the first part of the tutorial. I consider myself an intermediate computer user (until tonight that is). Would anyone be willing to entertain some extremely newbish and basic questions to help me get started? After I understand the basics, I usually can take it from there.... thanks  Smiley
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 09:34:40 AM »

Hi,

To get you started; check out the MMA section on this forum. This can get you started.

...and welcome to our forum!

Moon
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 09:38:49 AM »

If you have questions, just ask ... you're in the right place

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 06:31:13 PM »

If you have questions, just ask ... you're in the right place

Hi Jackstraw
welcome to the Kara - Moon auditorium. I'm not a programmer but you can get a lot of help by asking questions here

Cheers
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 11:40:59 PM »

Howdy, Jack Straw!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: