Kara-Moon Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:54:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: X-MAS Autobahn  (Read 6190 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: November 16, 2008, 12:48:50 AM »

It's a bit early in the season for Christmas tune,but when inspiration strikes,I'm on the scene! Grin
I think this will be the last Autobahn tune that I will do this year,as this seasonal version wraps things up accordingly. Smiley

This song was designed to encompass the joy of shopping in the yuletide season,as well as depicting the frantic frustration of holiday traffic in potentially hazardous winter conditions,but yet it is all manages to be enjoyable overall,due to the beauty of the snow-laden landscape. Smiley

I hope this song manages to stir up a smattering of X-Mas spirit in all who listen. Cheesy

-Thom

* X-Mas Autobahn.mp3 (3867.04 KB - downloaded 279 times.)

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 09:09:47 AM »

OK, fess up!
... You've got a team of session writers in your closet haven't you Grin

I'm really pleased you managed to get the seasonal theme without getting cheesy.  I also like the overall A-B-C-B-A idea. It works well.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 09:13:10 AM »

...when inspiration strikes,I'm on the scene! Grin

Another twist on the theme, and it works! The intro/finishing segments are very reminiscent of Edgar Winter's White Trash - rare air indeed  wOO

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »

OK, fess up!
... You've got a team of session writers in your closet haven't you Grin
Grin yeah, very prolific  Grin

This is as good as it gets.
I like the melody so much, and I agree with Folderol on the structure and the un-cheesiness
Well done

Cheers
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »

Will,

..I guess it's just a result of having entirely too much free time on my hands. Grin
Actually,the idea of doing a X-mas Autobahn had been festering in my head for a while,so I decided to sit down & make a go at it yesterday...and for some reason ,it all panned out. Cheesy
I'm so very happy that you enjoyed my X-Mas piece...it makes my year-thank you kindly!

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 03:14:01 PM »

Oren,

Edgar Winter's White Trash?? Cheesy Grin Grin...I'll have to Google that one! Grin

Again,a very kind review that is the cherry-on-top-of-the-cake of my year-thanks!

L.R.,

Yet again,a wonderfully nice review of my piece & I am overwhelmed...a great way to end the year-thanks a mint!

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 04:35:12 PM »

Actually,the idea of doing a X-mas Autobahn had been festering in my head for a while,so I decided to sit down & make a go at it yesterday...and for some reason ,it all panned out. Cheesy

I'm more and more coming to the conclusion that when you think you want to do a particular thing, your brain gets on with it but doesn't bother to tell you. The longer you wait before settling down to the task the more you mind has already sorted out!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 11:22:26 PM »

Will,

A very interesting perspective with regard to my brain....cool! Cool

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: