Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:38:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kara-Moon website streaming Flash Player not working right!  (Read 8506 times)
2010jazz

« on: November 29, 2008, 04:14:51 AM »

The Adobe Flash Player for streaming the music no longer works with Firefox for me (for any artist), Internet Explorer sort of works with some artists but not on my page. I get the player, but no list of music, and the topmost that shows up, refuses to play.

Anyone else have these problems?

Thanks,

Dan
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 04:43:10 PM »

The Adobe Flash Player for streaming the music no longer works with Firefox for me (for any artist), Internet Explorer sort of works with some artists but not on my page. I get the player, but no list of music, and the topmost that shows up, refuses to play.
Anyone else have these problems?

Yes, Dan, the "flash object" player on our K-M artist pages is not working properly. However, as we have come to understand, Moon is some kind of genius Cool with these things, and will have it sorted out in good time.

Thanks for the heads up!

Oren.

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:58:39 AM »

I saw that the page of Jazz doesn't work anymore, but are the others ?
I've checked a couple of them but they seem to work?

I'm on firefox on win with the latest version.
Just trying to find out if it is a problem of the player or with some pages ?

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
kuguar

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 11:41:35 AM »

The website Kara-Moon artists is not working right also?
Two weeks ago I entered my username and password and can't enter more. After login I receive the reply:"Login failed, try again"
P.S At first Moon have helped me , but all the same now.
Kuguar
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 12:15:45 PM »

Dan, if you avoid the '&' sign in the title of sonfs, you should be fine.

I'll correct the upload page this weekend so it refuses the '&' sign in titles of songs.

Moon
2010jazz

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 05:18:37 AM »

Dan, if you avoid the '&' sign in the title of sonfs, you should be fine.

I'll correct the upload page this weekend so it refuses the '&' sign in titles of songs.

Moon

I will try to see if I correct the names via your edit page. However, I think it never had a problem in the past? Maybe I'm not remembering right, but in any case only a single song shows up and it does not play.

I will try some edits and report back.  I have noticed that Firefox appears to work fine with the 3-4 artists pages that I have checked which is a big improvement already.

Thanks,

Dan
2010jazz

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 05:37:47 AM »

Failed to correct problem by editing, could not delete song.

Some questions:

1 If I choose edit, it looks like I can change the name. Is this the only the name that shows up on page but independent of the uploaded file name? In any case changing this did not help. I replaced some "code" that I was guessing stood for the "&" with "and".

2 Then I tried deleting from the top menu. When I clicked on Delete, it takes me back to the Edit Window and when I hit delete over there (and also fill in the security code of course) nothing happens it just comes back with red error message saying "make sure file name only contains etc."

So perhaps you can erase

#1 All of Me   
 #9 Foggy Day
#10 When I Fall in Love

Since I cannot erase them. Perhaps the system is so upset with "&" that it refuses to do so Wink

I checked and it looks like I did not have "&" in any of my posts prior to the very last one, so that makes
sense.

Once they are erased I can upload them again.

Also BIG QUESTIONS:

1 What is field labeled "Sequence"

2 When I upload files they seem to settle in some unexpected order. I think it used to alway push down on the existing files. Is there some way of controlling where the new uploads with respect to the list (sequence) of existing songs?

Thanks much,

Dan

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:53:54 AM by 2010jazz » Logged
2010jazz

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 07:17:24 PM »

Still can't erase the problem titles.

Is there no one who understands what the Sequence field is for?
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 07:28:54 PM »

Keep cool Jazz, I"ll ask moon if he can help you

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 09:33:05 PM »

OK, I have fixed this !

The error was caused because you used '.' and '&' and ',' in the filenames. Please, don't ever do this again.  Angry
It is a good habbit of avoiding specual characters in the filenames of your mp3's. The only special character to use is '-'.

By the way, I had a look at the number of clicks on jazz's song. I thing he's on top of our chart !  Wink

Moon
2010jazz

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 12:37:56 AM »

OK, I have fixed this !

The error was caused because you used '.' and '&' and ',' in the filenames. Please, don't ever do this again.  Angry
It is a good habbit of avoiding specual characters in the filenames of your mp3's. The only special character to use is '-'.

By the way, I had a look at the number of clicks on jazz's song. I thing he's on top of our chart !  Wink

Moon

Thanks so much Moon!

I'm terribly sorry for making a headache for you -believe me it was not my intention. I'm not going to forget that characters other than  a..z and 0..9 are bad news  Cheesy

I thought I would have to upload the offending songs with the corrected titles -but you were able to delete the offending characters rather than just erasing the songs.

Thank you so very much again,

Dan
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 08:04:54 PM »

I'm terribly sorry for making a headache for you -believe me it was not my intention. I'm not going to forget that characters other than  a..z and 0..9 are bad news  Cheesy

You're forgiven ! Just keep making music  Grin

Glad to be of help  Wink

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: