Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:31:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimi Pocius with some tips on Audacity  (Read 17623 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »

Woh!  Shocked

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »

what i like about it is how warm it can sound.

Same here (or hear). I'm sort of a piano nut and I find that EQ works real well on sampled pianos.

pinkjimiphoton

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 11:50:06 AM »

ya know, i just found a great trick with pianos last week working on a friend's album i'm producing...

first, use something like tap tempo by analog x to find your tempo and delay time ( i bet some of ya are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more savvy than me, but for me this little gizmo is really handy)...

then pan your piano say about 1/2 way left..

clone the piano and pan full right,

but use your fav delay to put about 2-3 slaps on it...

solo the two tracks, turn the echo way down, and then try it in your mix..
the echoes will chase the piano and make it sound really full and 3d without sounding like they are "echoed"...and if ya turn it up, ya get a nice spooky spacy sound like on
"riders on the storm" by the doors.

try it out bro.
peace!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 05:07:19 PM »

ya know, i just found a great trick with pianos last week working on a friend's album i'm producing...
first, use something like tap tempo by analog x to find your tempo and delay time... then pan your piano say about 1/2 way left...clone the piano and pan full right...but use your fav delay to put about 2-3 slaps on it...solo the two tracks, turn the echo way down, and then try it in your mix..
the echoes will chase the piano and make it sound really full and 3d without sounding like they are "echoed"...and if ya turn it up, ya get a nice spooky spacy sound...
Jimi,

Sounds like a recipe for home-brew stereo chorus. I use a similar maneuver to get the same effect, but I like yours better... Cheesy
If you have never heard Fred on keyboards, brace yourself for a treat. He may be the best I've ever come across, but don't tell him I said that.
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum/index.php?topic=1427.0  will get you a taste...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: