Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:44:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: on your wishlist this year? ;) (video)  (Read 4339 times)
mlit

bada-pisch!

« on: December 21, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »

STAGEA ELS-01C Demonstration Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpxtlCLwWvA

do not judge music by it's drug!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 04:52:32 PM »

Comedy? Cheesy

(she's trying hard, but I could never warm up to Yamaha - guitars, pianos, drums, keyboards, stereo equipment, motorcycles - they always leave me uninspired)

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 05:21:37 PM »

Yamaha sounds haven't, to my ears, changed much over the last 20 years. Nothing wrong with them ... but nothing to lift me up either. I find the brass sounds still "electronic sounding" and the strings "brassy".

As to the horns, they are very nice ... but too predictable. Great for students.

However, the player in the demo can join me in a gig any day ... she is a very accomplished player.

Reminds me many years ago when I attended a demo of the latest-greatest yamaha organ in Edmonton, Alberta. This thing was a monster being played though a set of 10' high speaker cabinets. The guy enabled the "piano" settings ... "there", he says, "sounds just like a Steinway". Well, maybe a Steinway being miced though a 1000 watt PA ... not my idea of a wonderful piano sound Smiley

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »

Is this a joke?This bloated turkey is somewhere around $14,000 and it's a train wreck....what's on my wishlist?
My Korg M50 has better sounds than this thing for $1,099.oo...it was on my wishlist,now I own it. Cool
To be fair,the Yamaha Motif XS is actually a better keyboard than anything Roland has ever come out with over the last few years,but if I had that much of a disposable income,I would elect to get the Korg Oasys...much cheaper...around $8,500.oo for the 88-key.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: