Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:20:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Digitech GSP-1101  (Read 25213 times)
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 11:26:11 AM »

Crap, too late. I was gonna get in here, pick sides and stir the pot with my own opinions before it got all nicey, nicey, again  Evil Cheesy

Cheesy

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 11:23:47 PM »

Update:

I was able to get someone on the phone today who was very helpful, answered my questions, and even gave me a couple of tips on how to get a better distortion sound with single coil pups.

Between that and Oren's tips, I imagine I will be in tall cotton next time I want to get into some heavy-heavy.

Cool

Wyatt

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 10:59:10 AM »

Congratulations! wOO

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 03:26:21 AM »

So Wyatt,

What's your evaluation of the GSP-1101, now that the "honeymoon" is over?

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »

So Wyatt,

What's your evaluation of the GSP-1101, now that the "honeymoon" is over?

Thanks for asking. I was just thinking this morning that it is time for a follow-up.

This unit was designed to work in many different configurations with your existing amp setup, or directly into your mixer, which is the way I had been using it.

I hooked it up with my amp recently, and the sound just came alive. The sheer magnitude of possible combinations rapidly becomes a mathematical impossibility to explore, but my three favorite amp settings have given me hours of sounds to listen to. Amazing improvement in many cases.

Getting deeper into this unit is on my study list..along with a half a dozen other things, as soon as I get a little more studio time.    Tongue Tongue

I will try to get something made to post soon, but now that the weather warms, there is more work around my place than I am currently able to keep up with. Still, it keeps me persevering.  Wink Wink

Cool

Wyatt

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 04:17:19 PM »

... The sheer magnitude of possible combinations rapidly becomes a mathematical impossibility to explore, but my three favorite amp settings have given me hours of sounds to listen to. Amazing improvement in many cases.
Getting deeper into this unit is on my study list..along with a half a dozen other things, as soon as I get a little more studio time.    Tongue Tongue

Yes sir,
That's my feeling about the Digitech hardware - deep. No end to the possibilities. Even with my 13 year old RP-12, I've only scratched the surface. Rharv recently purchased the RP-150 and is very happy with the features and the sound, so you are in excellent company, friend... Cool

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 05:21:48 PM »

... The sheer magnitude of possible combinations rapidly becomes a mathematical impossibility to explore, but my three favorite amp settings have given me hours of sounds to listen to. Amazing improvement in many cases.

Yes sir,
That's my feeling about the Digitech hardware - deep. No end to the possibilities. Even with my 13 year old RP-12, I've only scratched the surface. Rharv recently purchased the RP-150 and is very happy with the features and the sound, so you are in excellent company, friend... Cool

Yes I am..I still remember the first couple diatribe songs I had heard. Ear-opening experience.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

You have really got a sweet etherial tone out of your RP-12, that's for sure.

Meantime I am going to *have* to dig deeper to get the tone I want..the bar is set pretty high on this quest.

Good to have good equipment, and to be in such good company. 

Cool

Wyatt

PS..this puppy also has editing software for the PC..imagine that!

Yep..bought me a wire, just the other day.  Wink Tongue Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: