Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:23:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My experiences with Reason 4  (Read 5889 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: March 04, 2009, 07:05:06 AM »

Wyatt has dazzled us with his unique utilization of the Reason 4 software & his exploits have left us all with a good taste in our mouths,but as someone like me-who has been exclusively involved with synth workstations for the better part of 22 years,I feel compelled to share my thoughts on this extraordinary workhorse-of-a-workstation.
Every moment I spend with this workstation,I am suspended in a dream-state....as the Thor,Malstrom, & Subtractor synthesizer devices are infinitely tweakable-thus providing infinite inspiration,every time I fire up my computer!
Even the Redrum & Dr. Rex drum machines function as a synthesizer...offering in-depth sound shaping options & variations!
The sample based devices have the most gorgeous guitar samples I have ever heard-hands down...a whole world of inspiration,in of itself!
The vast array of the effects processor devices are also immense in scope...making me dizzy with all of the possibilities they offer!
As for the sequencer...well...allow me to offer this analogy.....the artist,a room full of tools,paints & a blank canvas...enough said. Cheesy
I have spent 4 consectutive days with this workstation...pretty much from morning through late evening & I have not even scratched the surface in any area of this platform!
For anyone who loves the sounds of the Korg Oasys,Kurzweil,Access Virus & Clavia Nord keyboards...this is your dream synth,as it will do anything you ask of it & more!!
For those of you who also need gear for live situations,do yourself a favor & buy a Receptor module or a Nord Wave and transfer the Reason 4 sounds to these devices,because all of the sounds you could ever want,are all right within the Reason world(provided that you also have the Piano,Drum & Bass Refill upgrades,if you need high quality acoustic samples).
Quite honestly,the only other software that might have that little extra edge,would be the Omnisphere software....but I am perfectly happy with what I have right now,as Reason 4 is my my world,my universe & my religion!!
Reason 4 is my xanadu,my paradise...my own little self contained island....Reason 4 is the stuff of greek gods...this is divine,immaculate perfection. wOO

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:31:21 AM »

I guess that's a thumbs up then  Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 03:41:47 PM »

It's allways nice to read that a musician has fun playing with new tools  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 04:11:53 PM »

It's hard to fit enough words in your mouth to try to describe it, isn't it?

Glad you're finding it so satisfying. It really is a monster.

.. sooo many devices that can be hooked together in sooo many insane ways.

wOO

Wyatt

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 06:07:46 PM by Wyatt » Logged

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 05:30:31 PM »

Thom... sounds to me you're getting addicted to a PC ?  Grin

Great to see that a PC is giving joy to a hardware-musician!

Moon
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »

In a day and age when many folks feel that to sound intelligent, one must be overly critical, this is a refreshing review. It takes courage to whole-heartedly endorse a product. Nice work, Thom, and here's to many happy hours making more good music!

Beautiful.... Afro

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: