Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:54:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: M-Audio Studiophile CX Series  (Read 6310 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: March 24, 2009, 08:24:30 PM »

I'm always on the lookout for the ultimate dynamic range in a compact size for my pc studio,so when I discovered the new Studiophile CX series yesterday,I was pleasantly surprised..(since I had not seen any Namm coverage on this upcoming line of monitors).
The CX series are the mid grade monitors that M-Audio designed...targeting the budget conscious consumer,by providing the semi-pro with near professional quality at prices that are well below a $1,000.

The Studiophile CX5 is the 5" version of the two models,offering a 5 inch Kevlar, long excursion woofer for extended bass and a 1.25" silk dome tweeter with a contoured front baffle,which provides a wider dispersion pattern,for a much larger sweet spot.
If that those features alone are not enticing enough for you,then perhaps the 3 band trim controls & acoustic space switch might tickle your fancy(this is certainly,of particular interest to me,given my constricted work space)! Cheesy
The array of input options in the rear of the cabinet,also make these monitors very flexible in the studio...with a nuetrik XLR/TRS combo & an RCS input jack.
The CX5's have 50 watts for the LF driver & 40 watts for the HF driver,with a impressive frequency response of 50Hz to 30kHz.
The CX8's have 80 watts for the LF driver & 40 watts for the HF driver,with a frequency response of 38Hz to 30kHz.
Currently,the street price for the CX5's(priced individually),are $299 & the CX8's street price is to be announced at a later time,but the MSRP is $499 per monitor.....so I'm assuming that the street price will be $100 below the MSRP,so expect to pay $399 for each.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=media.maudiotv&PID=fdccf4b6f13e8df52491980f32f0cafa

-Thom

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:38:39 PM »

The new M-Audio Studiophile CX series made the news!!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/technology/m-audio-introduces-new-studiophile-cx-series-active-studio-reference-monitors/

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:38:26 PM »

If they are as good as the promotion people from Avid say, we are in for a treat!
 I'd like to spend a couple of days with a pair of the 5-inch model, just to get a feel for what M-Audio considers good studio monitor performance.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:03:42 PM »

Oren,

I placed a pre-order with Zzounds.com.....there's no arrival date as of yet,but I know of 3 retailers that already have them in stock,so it should not be long before I have them in my posession! Cheesy
I'll give you the full skinny on the CX5's,just as soon as I get my hands on them. Cool

I think that M-Audio has graduated into a reputable company that strives to keep up with the demands of the digital realm of recording & offers some of their products at very reasonable prices...so I am confident that these new CX5's will fit the bill.

They are a bit out of my usual budget,but I have minimized my living expenses & I will be receiving a generous tax return,as well as another stimulus check....so I am in a sound financial situation to significantly upgrade my pc monitors. wOO

My existing BX5a's are very competent monitors for my Reason software & I had bought them because they were half price,but the broader low end range of the new CX5's will be very useful to me & hopefully the alleged improved clarity will be useful as well.

The CX5's also have an additional 20 watts per monitor,which will be very useful to me as well.

-Thom

-Thom

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 09:59:46 PM »

I'll give you the full skinny on the CX5's,just as soon as I get my hands on them. Cool
I think that M-Audio has graduated into a reputable company that strives to keep up with the demands of the digital realm of recording & offers some of their products at very reasonable prices...so I am confident that these new CX5's will fit the bill.

Yes, Thom,

I too am a big fan of M-Audio products. I use the M-Audio Delta 2496 soundcard in my Linux mixing/mastering computer, and the M-Audio Delta 66 soundcard in my recording/all-purpose computer.
Lately, sitting at a computer workstation is very uncomfortable with my hip repair, so a laptop will be my next purchase, and an M-Audio USB soundcard will work very well with the Linux music-specific operating system I'll install.

Waiting impatiently for your hands-on review.... Cheesy

Oren.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: