Kara-Moon Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:48:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Refugee  (Read 21271 times)
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »

Woow ! it doesn't miss a beat...
Notable vocals, and great song structure.
Arrangement is really OK: all the instruments are working well in co-operation without holes in the wall-of-sound.
Another great production, congrats Martin & Fred

Cheers
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »

Thanks Laguna and VG.

Glad you guys enjoyed it.
magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 09:51:04 PM »

Wooooooo!! I like it!!!  Grin Grin Grin
What a great one. Put a smile on my face.
Make a cd boyz! It's an order.
I liked all, in the refrain the overdubbing of vocals makes a great choir, 'à la' David Crosby.
Thanks to share  Cheesy

bye

mag

Frenchy but chic
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 06:34:48 PM »

Thanks, Mag. Glad you like it.

About the CD. I think Fred and I could come up with a compilation of our collabs. But we would  still need about 4 or 5 songs more for that. So who knows. Wink
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 11:56:22 PM »

Martin is being nice. He could have said, "I'm 4 or 5 ahead of Fred"  Grin

zeoy

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 12:05:31 PM »

great job guys! Impressive rhythm section with very detailed work. The solo guitar sound is absolutely fab.  Smiley
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 08:12:02 PM »

Thanks, Zeoy. Thanks for the thumbs up on the guitar sound.

For your interest:  I've been using The Line 6 Toneport for all of my guitar work for more than a year now. I've created tones, as they are called, for my two guitars in the gearbox to suit the difference in character of both guitars. It's an ongoing pursuit of trial and error to find the right guitar tones that will suit my taste and that will stand up in the mix.
bahgheera

Trippy by nature

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 02:49:24 AM »

Hey this is a great song, especially the harmonized vocal part around 1:00, the 'where you're from' part. Only thing is I would really belt out those vocals, it sounds like you're being way too reserved (something I'm guilty of myself - even when I feel like I'm screaming it out, I'm really holding in still. Sad ) Great song still. Instruments / samples / composition all excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Laters...

I'm not a pessimist; I'm simply an optimist that is continually presented with half-empty glasses.
zeoy

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 07:59:31 AM »

Thanks, Zeoy. Thanks for the thumbs up on the guitar sound.

For your interest:  I've been using The Line 6 Toneport for all of my guitar work for more than a year now. I've created tones, as they are called, for my two guitars in the gearbox to suit the difference in character of both guitars. It's an ongoing pursuit of trial and error to find the right guitar tones that will suit my taste and that will stand up in the mix.

Thanx for the info Martin. You could easily fool me this was a real amp miced
ToneCarver

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 02:58:55 PM »

Martin,

wow .. Snappy! Great organ work on this piece. Horn stabs are nice. Good vocal harmonies and treatment. Nice guitar work in the chorus and the lead break too. Fun stuff indeed. Good work on this.

Bill

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 05:24:47 PM »

Thanks, Bill for the nice comment. Much appreciated.
birdbrain

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 04:38:59 AM »

Rockin, Funkin, Jammin. Cool  Love the organ. 
I hate to say it, but the main part of the vocals in my ears need to be spaced in some deeper reverbs.  some tail with a little delay.  I myself probly go over board with vocal effects.  but your voice sounds great.  I just like it to be a little spacyier.  scuze my critique. Undecided

"Music can change the world. "
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

http://www.myspace.com/nicholasueparrott
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 09:18:43 PM »

Rockin, Funkin, Jammin. Cool  Love the organ. 
I hate to say it, but the main part of the vocals in my ears need to be spaced in some deeper reverbs.  some tail with a little delay.  I myself probly go over board with vocal effects.  but your voice sounds great.  I just like it to be a little spacyier.  scuze my critique. Undecided

The vocals are a bit in your face at the moment. I was thinking of making some adjustments myself. Don't know if I will drown it in reverb though. Don't mind the critique BB. That's what this forum is all about. To get some different point of views.
blipp
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 05:31:19 PM »

I remember this one. Excellent track. You two make a great team.  Grin
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »

Wow..I keep listening, and y'all keep blowin my mind with such professional sound work.

I didn't have any trouble understanding the lyrics..when there are conflicting demands on a particular frequency band, I lose the vocals right away..after readin Bahg's comment, I would agree that the vocal could be notched up a bit.

Really nice song; clean work.

Wyatt

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: