Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:55:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: M-Audio Heaven!!!!!  (Read 5499 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: April 10, 2009, 10:41:09 PM »

Just received my M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & let me tell ya in short,that you get what you pay for with M-Audio & there no better example of this,than this piece of gear.Double the price over the old series = double the quality!
Upon placing onto my computer desk,it's a very sharp contrast between it's color & the rest of my PC gear and it looks like something out of the "Buck Rodgers & The 25th Century" t.v. show,which actually makes this keyboard ultra cool in appearance-even though it stands out like a sore thumb! Grin
Ok,enough of the fluff...let's get right down to the nitty gritty folks....the sheer weight of this keyboard is the first & most blatant indication of the exceptional quality of the craftmanship,as it actually weighs 3 lbs. more than my Korg M50-woah!
This baby is built like a Sherman tank & just the beautiful action of the keybed is worth the extra dough!
There is a distinct & firm springy-ness to it,as there quite a bit of recoil after you depress the keys...mmmm-baby,I'm really hot for this sexy piece of gear! AfroThe surface of the keys have a unique texture to them,which gives the player a nice grip to avoid that annoying slip,when your jamming out that critical riff.All of the controls on this board have a wonderful tactile aspect to them,as all of the knobs & buttons are smooth,firm & very solid.
I still have so much more to explore with this board and since this is my first midi controller,I can't give any in-depth comparisons,but I imagine that this controller has the plug & play concept down to a science,as it's amazing to witness what takes place,as when you switch from one VST/track to another,this controller instantaneously displays the parameters on it's nifty little LCD screen.

The dental white color of this keyboard sure comes in handy,as it lights up the whole corner of my room,making this controller an ideal one,for low light conditions! Cheesy

I'm so utterly impressed with M-Audio these days,that I am considering changing my cat's name to M-Audio. wOO

-Thom

* Axiom Pro 49 001.JPG (1756.74 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 843 times.)

* Axiom Pro 49 004.JPG (1749.44 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 803 times.)

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 02:54:29 AM »

I think you were smart to go with the Pro 49, Thom. wOO

From what I'm able to gather, the only legitimate reason to stay with hardware synthesizers is if you intend to travel and perform. A pro-audio controller coupled with a capable computer and a selection of software has much greater potential for meeting a variety of musical challenges, and for developing your own signature sound.
The potential appears to be unlimited... Shocked

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 04:18:27 AM »

You sound happy, Thom wOO

Oren, I hope to find out how well those little laptops and Axiom controllers work live as well! (along with my Yamaha board for back up  Wink). I don't know how capable your Pro is Thom...sounds like its well built, but M-boards definitely have nice features. I'm pretty excited about the "Hammond" set up I've worked up on mine. I grew up on a C3, so I know there's no real substitute, but NI's B4 is a darn good emulation. Anyway, the 61 keys matches one manual and I've reversed the 9 sliders to pull like the 9 top manual pull outs on the original. The leslie effect is controlled by the mod wheel, and Perc depth, chorus depth, the drive amount, amount of reverb, amount of key click, etc.. are all controlled by the rotaries! Everything except the volume, of course that's gotta be controlled by the foot pedal Cool. The fun's not over yet. One click of the mouse, and now the emulated electric piano is controlled by the Axiom. One more mouse click and the knobs of the emulated minimoog is controlled by the Axiom. I don't know of any hardware synth that can be that flexible. What I'm getting at is...I think your fun has just started Wink

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 06:19:05 PM »

Fred & Oren,

As solid as this keyboard is,it's still made out of plastic & the only real delicate area though,would be the rim or "running board" just below the keys in the front of the board....apart from that though,I think this keyboard would be quite road-worthy.
I imagine that the Hypercontrol would serve the gigging musician extremely well! Cool

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: