Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:41:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: You & Me - Kasimiruslav Remix  (Read 17686 times)
Talvin

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 11:18:34 AM »

Hi folks!

It would be nice if you had another listen. This time I made a guitar version of the song (thanks to Mathew who added some real guitar).

Talvin Jones - You & Me (guitar version).mp3 (5 MB)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 11:41:10 AM »

Hi Talvin.
Great song you have there and great with the gitar!
I wouldn't mind having the gitare a little bit louder, e.g. between 2:25-2:30, just before the silent part, just to make the contrast a little bit greater and perhaps also towards the end?
But hey, to be honest, don't listen to mush to my advice because I don't know that mush about music as others do here  Cheesy

Moon
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 11:59:17 AM »

I can only say one thing : Needs more cowbels

I don't know if everybody knows this expression that comes from the professional studio environment, actually it means : don't change anything, it's perfect

Hi folks!

It would be nice if you had another listen. This time I made a guitar version of the song (thanks to Mathew who added some real guitar).

Talvin Jones - You & Me (guitar version).mp3 (5 MB)

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 03:16:45 PM »

Original version: nice! Great vocals! The mix somehow sounds a bit dull though (please note - not dull as in boring!) so you might consider using an eq to brighten it up a bit. Also a compressor might raise the loudness a bit. Having said that, the mix is really nice in that every instrument is very clear. Musically, this is a very nice arrangement with an unsuspected and really cool break at the end. Very, very nice!

Guitar version: brilliant! This one really sparkles, the vocals also seem to come out better. The guitar is great. I have to concur with Kara: it definetely needs more cowbells! Wink Definetely a song with hit potential.

Also known as Marc JXP
Talvin

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »

Kasimiruslav, a Berlin musician remixed the song. He is the person who also remixed Marie, which is I think one of my best songs.

http://www.zeichenundgefunkel.de/loads/you_and_me_kasimiremix.mp3
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 07:30:25 PM »

Really a great song, Talvin. Can't decide if I like the guitar version or the re-mixed version, but the latter does have a fuller sound to my ears. Either way, its excellent. Top notch!

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 07:35:22 PM »

Can't decide if I like the guitar version or the re-mixed version, but the latter does have a fuller sound to my ears.

Same here, I don't know which is best, what I do know is that I'm listening this song over and over again: as I already said: GREAT SONG !!!

Moon
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 06:18:48 PM »

Hi Talvin

People seem undecided about the different versions. I must say I like the original version better. It has more energy. The last version doesn't do the song justice in my opinion. Productionwise it may sound better but that doesn't sell the song. Just my 2 cents.
Talvin

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 06:37:15 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

I like the original version better, too. Not because I did it but the remix sounds a bit "empty" to me...the guitar in the chorus sounds nice though.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: