Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:14:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason RECORD!!  (Read 6765 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: May 12, 2009, 03:35:04 PM »

Had not planned on adding any more software to my existing PC,for fear of maxing out my CPU,but with the unveiling of the new Reason Record audio software..well..it gives no Reason user on the planet any reason not to add this software to their arsenal,because it's nothing short of extraordinary!!
Now I know I've been giving many products rave reviews lately & it may seem as though I am receiving some sort of ancillary benefit for writing this review,but I only wish that this were true. Embarrassed
Reason users & potential Reason users-please read on.....this is one of the most economically viable recording platforms you could ever own for the price(in my opinion) and here's why;
Reason Record was specifically designed to provide Reason users with the option of having a complete software studio,without the bother of any tedious configuring-meaning that the use of Rewire is completely negated...yes,that right...Reason files can actually be opened from within Record!
Record provides unlimited audio tracks,a 64 bit mix bus,EQ section with low,mid & hi shelving filters,channel dynamics,effects sends & insert effects...with an assortment of processors you would not believe for the price!
Record also has a MIDI sequencer,comp editor for vocals,time stretching,Line 6 processor for external bass & guitars & VST instruments!!
Record also has the capability to export tracks independently for use with other software programs and here's the best part...for existing Reason users,Record is $149(MSRP) & $299(MSRP) for everyone else!!!

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/
-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 03:52:33 PM »

Thom,

It looks good, but..........
is it necessary, if you already have Reason?

Oren.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 04:21:37 PM »

Oren,

Reason 4 is basically a MIDI sequencer with a few extras,but it's not an audio recorder & if you wanted to add your sequenced tracks to an audio program,you had to use Rewire to do it..which is a pain in the ass,as I understand it.
The Record program provides a much more direct path of integration between the two & the power of this audio software is absolutely astonishing for the price!
To put it into the simplest of terms,the Record program transforms your Reason 4 program into a full blown recording studio with professional quality results....not bad for an MSRP of $149-eh? Cheesy

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 08:08:14 PM »

So, "Reason" is for digital synthesis, and "Reason Record" is for digital audio....

The fact that they integrate well would be a big plus. This way, you can record and effect your vocals, mix them with your MIDI tracks, and master to digital audio, all inside one computer.
I guess it would be the next logical step.... wOO

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 11:19:44 AM »

Can't imagine how I missed this thread. Sad

So, "Reason" is for digital synthesis, and "Reason Record" is for digital audio....

The fact that they integrate well would be a big plus. This way, you can record and effect your vocals, mix them with your MIDI tracks, and master to digital audio, all inside one computer.
I guess it would be the next logical step.... wOO

You nailed it.

I use Audition for editing and for mixing. .but to have Reason integrated in Record is light years ahead of ReWire technology. I am getting Record for that (R)eason.

I have used rewire, but am hugely unimpressed with it.

Since I can export from Reason as audio, I still mix everything in in Audition.

Life is a workaround,

Cool

Wyatt

BTW..Reason has a couple of dozen devices that emulate hardware boxes..the joy of it is that you can connect them in the oddest ways you can think of and create new instruments.

Here is a peek at the back of a Reason rack.

* Behind the scene.jpg (1635.13 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 689 times.)

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 11:43:12 PM »

BTW..Reason has a couple of dozen devices that emulate hardware boxes..the joy of it is that you can connect them in the oddest ways you can think of and create new instruments.

Nice, very nice!

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 04:59:34 AM »

But you don't have the joy of putting in those real jack plugs, soldering bad contacts, undoing knots in the cables ....  Grin

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 12:39:13 PM »

But you don't have the joy of putting in those real jack plugs, soldering bad contacts, undoing knots in the cables ....  Grin

k

yeah..and separating power cords from audio cables..trying to make it look like the studio isn't a total mess, and then having to re-do the whole thing when you move your cpu to the other side of the desk..

Wyatt

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: