Kara-Moon Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:20:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heavy Duzy Z stand Ebay purchase story  (Read 2414 times)
birdbrain

« on: April 04, 2007, 05:49:36 AM »

I ordered a Z stand from ebay, described as heavy duty.  Well I put my keyboard  (40lbs) M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 on it and the weld at the base of the leg snapped after playing a few notes.  I'm not a heavy handed player generally.  Luckily I had quick hands and caught it before it went to the floor. 
The seller seems understanding.  Asked me to photo it, and I believe they will ship me a new one, but this time I think it will be used for my 8 lbs E-mu Xboard 49. 
I went into my garage today, and built my own keyboard stand.  Out of 2x4's .  I used my miter box saw to make 45 degree angles.  and measured the height using the broken keyboard stand.  It is actually fairly light weight but can support all my weight like a bench.  If it were easily assembleable (pardon my spelling) i would gig with it.  I'm actually considering making another, and seeing if it might sell on ebay?   I just noticed this forum has a spell checker.   Cool.

"Music can change the world. "
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

http://www.myspace.com/nicholasueparrott
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: