Kara-Moon Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:21:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: song with a twist  (Read 10798 times)
birdbrain

« on: April 04, 2007, 08:43:56 PM »

I'm trying to post this again.  Introduced as:  I have written a new song for my wife.  It is in Korean, her native language.  The instruments are freeebee VST from KVR; PolyIblit, and ERS drums, both by Andreas Errson.  The vocal track was improvised, and then erfected by the Harmonizer in Powertracks, and I used a little free vocoder from Analog X.  Funstuff.  Another note, I did the music while on a training buisness trip on the other side of the country, using my laptop, behringer fca 202 and Emu Xboard 49.
Thanks for your comments.

* YunsukEepodaSarahngheyo.mp3 (4128.98 KB - downloaded 520 times.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 03:06:04 PM by birdbrain » Logged

"Music can change the world. "
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

http://www.myspace.com/nicholasueparrott
blipp
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 09:23:25 PM »

Nice. i've noticed with all your songs that you have a great sense of melody, and this track is no exception. Simple, but really effective. The korean language lyrics really suit this track. great stuff.  Smiley
birdbrain

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 09:28:48 PM »

Thank you Blipp for the kind regards..  I have been determined to learn the language ever since i married my love 5 years ago this sunday.  she gets frustrated with my poor memory;  but i got the rossetta stone softwar, level one for korean, its a great study tool.

-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »

Hi birdbrain
Excellent vocal line, good melody.
This is totally different and fresh, almost a new kind of music to me, like a sub-genre of 80's music with modern instruments and arrangements. The 'sounds' of a different language seems to open new doors, and I like the result.
Very enjoyable

Cheers
birdbrain

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 05:43:17 AM »

Thank you Laguna Rising,
I really appreciate your comments.  But you know Im no professional so am struggling to get that really glossed over perfected vocals and instrument mix.  I really am in the wrong hobby, a musician should be a perfectionist, and i have little patience for multiple takes.  Its rare that I can finish a song if I have to come back to it after a time period.  I usually do one sitting start to finish. 

-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 05:32:08 PM »

Refreshing 80's sound. Depeche Mode and Gary Numan like. Nice melodies and vocal interaction. Good stuff.
FourthMansions
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 06:54:42 PM »

Hi birdbrain

This is very nice - a great melody and arrangement, and well sung. But I don't agree with you that a musician should be a perfectionist - sometimes, spending too much time trying for perfection can destroy the feel of a song.
birdbrain

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 06:26:22 AM »

thanks for the comments.  I spoke too quickly saying musicians should be perfectionists.  Maybe recording engineers and the elusive mastering tech, they need to be perfectioninsts.  I dont know how to do either very well. Roll Eyes

-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 09:20:10 AM »

But you know Im no professional so am struggling to get that really glossed over perfected vocals and instrument mix.  I really am in the wrong hobby, a musician should be a perfectionist

Hi Birdbrain
I don't like the over-produced, super clean, polished tracks without soul, and lacking any feeling.
When I listened to a song the most important thing is the mood it creates. Of course it'll be fantastic to have a lot of time to record and re-record any played part, but not being a pro ( like you) I'm usually happy with the result after a session. (or a session for guitar and a seession for bass, and I refine the keyboards while mixing, this is my workflow). A session is an afternoon after work  Grin

Yeah, sometimes I realize what I've done is crap so it stays there and I seldom finish it because I don't like to waste time reworking a thing that doesn't give me any enthusiasm.

So I think your music is ok, and the most of us aren't different from you, and the perfect production doesn't matter that much
Keep on

Cheers
magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 09:28:52 PM »

Hi Birdy man,

what a cool electro pop song, kind of pop of the 21th century  Wink
It has that little "je ne sais quoi" that makes it turn and turn in your mind.
Who cares the technical side of a song if writer and listeners like it ?
I am the listener and I liked it. A lot!

thanks

bye

mag

Frenchy but chic
one

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 07:44:21 PM »

Hey BB

Cool track! catchy!

1 Smiley

Van Greco

note to self: return to sender

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »

Ok, so I have no idea what the hell you're saying, but I cant help singing along anyway and making up my own nonsensical words. This was fun to listen to. It made me smile and for that I  thank you   Smiley
birdbrain

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 04:13:44 AM »

thank you musicians,

Rough Transations:
Yunsuk (sounds like yoonsoogie) is my wifes name.
Eepodah is cute.
Arumdapda (sounds like are room dop da) is beautiful.
Tangshinil is you are.
Sarahngheyo is I love you.

Thank you for listening, and singing along.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 04:54:41 AM by birdbrain » Logged

-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 06:55:21 PM »

Poppy tune!  Lots of creative stuff in here pulled off well, especially considering the writing circumstances.  Classy work. Enjoyed it!!

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 02:04:18 PM »

Nice tune..I don't know about singing along Grin..but it was nice to have the gist of the words.

Really creative..I like it.

Waytt

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: