Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:25:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you test this frequency for me?  (Read 39725 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 04:14:55 PM »

I was very interested in the psychology/music combination years ago (believe it or not, I actually have a university degree in clinical psychology  Shocked ), read almost anything I could find on the subject. In the end it all overwhelmed me a bit and I stopped reading about it...  Most fysiological processes in the human body all have some kind of rhythm and the body consist also partly of water which also reacts/vibrates too sound...
 ...The scale I found was also an pre-christian one, based on of of those  (bronze age?) very large horns.

Alienz,
I'd like to find that information on the frequencies of the large pre-christian horns!

With the advent of personal computers, quality soundcards, and sound synthesis software, for the first time in recorded human history people of ordinary means can work with sound and examine its properties. This, to me, is a tremendous opportunity.

If we can use sound as a tool to clean teeth and examine the body's interior, it follows that much more is possible.
 As musicians with computers, we may be in an ideal position to engage in some ground-breaking research... wOO

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 04:34:23 PM »

Can't wait to hear what you do with this!

Here's a snippet, composed at entirely the "wrong" BPM, and without any guitar tracks. The thematic 528Hz sine wave has been left in so you can hear how the music works around it....

* Intuition.ogg (1835.03 KB - downloaded 284 times.)

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »

Here's a snippet, composed at entirely the "wrong" BPM, and without any guitar tracks. The thematic 528Hz sine wave has been left in so you can hear how the music works around it....

..my gut likes the tempo..very nice piece of work here, Oren..very impressive.

Cool

Wyatt

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 06:12:21 PM »

I'm very curious in what direction this will go

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 06:55:08 PM »

Interesting, you don't actually hear it unless you are listening for it.

I too will be watching to see where this goes.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 08:31:52 PM »

Wyatt, Kara, Will,

To be true to the direction of the project, I'll have to start again at a BPM that is a low "octave" of 528 Hz, say...61.875bpm, and work with the idea that my 528Hz generated tone is accurate enough for practical purposes.

The other five significant frequencies are: 396 Hz, 417 Hz, 639 Hz, 741 Hz, and 852 Hz.

Thanks to those stalwart individuals who have shown interest in this strange little maneuver.... Kiss

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 08:32:46 PM »

Cool
This is very curious ......
my first instinct, on listening, was to pick up a whistle and join in.
It's the 'celtic' bagpipe drone of the selected frequency.
Maybe this is what you are trying to achieve.
In using that background single note you are emulating the drone of so many ancient instruments.
Is that the attraction?
Is that what gives the 'ancient' feel?

On a different note (pun intended  Grin), when trying to play along to this with a 'C' whistle the scale does not work but with a 'Bb' whistle it is playable.  I'm not one for music theory so the song structure is not based around the standard 8 note scale ?

Another interested party looking forward to the development.
 Wink
James

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 09:02:30 PM »

James,

The ancient six-note scale is difficult to translate to the guitar and the electric bass, which are fretted to accommodate a standard 7-note 12-semitone scale. I've taken the liberty to simply re-tune the instruments so that all the C notes play at 528Hz, or an octave of that. That way, harmonies and chord structure can be organized in the usual way (as if constructing the song from a C chord), but the composition ends up centering around the 528 Hz theme.

It's interesting that the Bb whistle will allow you to play along with the 528 Hz theme... I wish I knew more about mathematics, physics, and music theory - there must be a reason for this integration.

The Celtic pipes and whistles are two of the instruments which I strongly suspect were tools of the ancient artisans. Just a feeling, though.

Thanks for testing the song against your formidable collection.... Grin

Alienz

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 10:17:42 PM »

I was very interested in the psychology/music combination years ago (believe it or not, I actually have a university degree in clinical psychology  Shocked ), read almost anything I could find on the subject. In the end it all overwhelmed me a bit and I stopped reading about it...  Most fysiological processes in the human body all have some kind of rhythm and the body consist also partly of water which also reacts/vibrates too sound...
 ...The scale I found was also an pre-christian one, based on of of those  (bronze age?) very large horns.

Alienz,
I'd like to find that information on the frequencies of the large pre-christian horns!

Its a very long time ago, I'll try if I can dig some stuff up. Even had trouble remembering what kind of horn it was but I did find it eventually on google:
http://oldtiden.natmus.dk/udstillingen/bronzealderen/lurerne_fra_bronzealderen/lurerne_og_deres_musik/language/uk/

They dont say which notes can be played on it on that site Sad

The lists of frequencies was something else btw, not refering to the horn, just different lists from different sources about what frequencies might have effects. But like I said, the fact that a lot of these lists seem to contradict eachother or give different frequencies for different effects makes it difficult to make any sense of it. Its amazing how little official science really knows about this subject.
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 11:30:02 PM »

Its a very long time ago, I'll try if I can dig some stuff up. Even had trouble remembering what kind of horn it was but I did find it eventually on google:
http://oldtiden.natmus.dk/udstillingen/bronzealderen/lurerne_fra_bronzealderen/lurerne_og_deres_musik/language/uk/

They dont say which notes can be played on it on that site Sad

The lists of frequencies was something else btw, not refering to the horn, just different lists from different sources about what frequencies might have effects. But like I said, the fact that a lot of these lists seem to contradict eachother or give different frequencies for different effects makes it difficult to make any sense of it. Its amazing how little official science really knows about this subject.

It is, indeed.
Those horns are outrageous!!!!

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 12:01:53 AM »

Here's a beauty, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dthaDuZ-o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRchB-s7Cu0&NR=1
James,
By ear, this sounds very close to a low octave of 528 Hz...
Can you test that main frequency with Reaper?
__________________________________________________________________________________

And here is an example of something crafted in wood....!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlO5lQUjdhI&feature=related

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:09:17 AM by Oren » Logged

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 02:14:54 PM »

Same here.

Interesting thread.  But with all of the “TechnoBabble” talk around here my ears are starting to Hz  Grin Grin Grin Evil

The older I get the better I was!
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 04:07:16 PM »

Huh
Don't know how to get music files off youtube.
If you know how, and can do it and post as mp3 or ogg then I can.
 Wink
James

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »

Same here.

Interesting thread.  But with all of the “TechnoBabble” talk around here my ears are starting to Hz  Grin Grin Grin Evil

Yes, that's what put me off the project for so long. But after learning Linux, endeavors such as this seem more accessible... Cheesy

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 04:20:12 PM »

Huh
Don't know how to get music files off youtube.
If you know how, and can do it and post as mp3 or ogg then I can.
 Wink
James

We're in the same boat, friend. I thought maybe Reaper had a quick method of recording "what you hear" from the web.
Thanks for trying.

If any of your whistles or pipes are tuneable, I'll get in touch with you about laying down some melodies on a 528 Hz composition down the road.... Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: