Kara-Moon Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:02:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you test this frequency for me?  (Read 40018 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »

This is a VERY interesting thread! I'm wondering if what we're seeing here is simply shortcomings in the frequency analysing algorythms. Like it has been said before, generating a certain frequency sine wave shouldn't be a problem mathematically. However, I imagine that in analysing the frequency you bump into all kinds of rounding problems and stuff. This would be confirmed if the same software (of the same version) produces an identical result across different pc's (I'll have to reread the thread again to check if your results already confirmed that though).

Very cool discussion in any case and thx Oren for bringing it up!

Marc,
My principal interest in this project is to eventually produce sound/music that has a beneficial effect on human health, both mental and physical.
...plus, maybe it could help you and me grow more hair on the top of our heads...big potential bonus there...   Cheesy wOO
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:17:07 PM by Oren » Logged

Alienz

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2009, 12:55:03 AM »

Hi Oren,
By accident i found some of those articles again I was talking about, turns out I had them on my own website all along but forgot  Cheesy

http://members.home.nl/alienz/text/Vibroacoustic.htm

http://members.home.nl/alienz/text/LivingJazz.htm
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:12:52 AM by Alienz » Logged
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2009, 04:33:54 AM »

Yikes! Shocked
Give me a few days to absorb this. Talk about input wOO

Thanks!

Alienz

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2009, 02:33:10 PM »

Yikes! Shocked
Give me a few days to absorb this. Talk about input wOO

Thanks!

...I'll be giving you an exam on monday about what you learned, ok?  Wink
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2009, 03:04:05 PM »

To be true to the direction of the project, I'll have to start again at a BPM that is a low "octave" of 528 Hz, say...61.875bpm, and work with the idea that my 528Hz generated tone is accurate enough for practical purposes.

The other five significant frequencies are: 396 Hz, 417 Hz, 639 Hz, 741 Hz, and 852 Hz.

How's this one coming along, amigo?

I am still interested in this project. I have been intrigued by the concept and the potential, and
puzzled by how to actually make it happen.

Do you have to generate the 6 different freqs with software to get tones, and then edit them?

Could you tune each string of a guitar to one of those tones////..whoaoo..that begs for a fretless guitar.   Smiley

I am also wondering if there is something about the specific freqs, or is there an effect because of the interval?

I just went into Audition to see if it would generate these tones. Apparently I did this last June, because, lo and
behold I had made presets for all these freqs. Let me know if you want me to send them to you.

Wyatt

ps..They say that memory is the second thing to go, but I can't remember what the first thing was.   Tongue

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2009, 12:55:49 AM »

How's this one coming along, amigo?

Wyatt,

These frequencies may have some fundamental value, given that sound is functional as a tool. Physicians use ultra-sound to "see" organs inside a living body, and dentists use these high frequencies to clean teeth, for instance.

But, the new-age-I-wanna-sell-you-salvation folks have muddied the water, and it's really quite embarrassing to hear their claims and watch them jump to conclusions... Roll Eyes

So not being any kind of a genius, I've put the project on the back burner until some more definitive information becomes available. The 6 frequencies do not seem to work together as any kind of a "scale" (without a lot of dissonance), but the earliest Gregorian chants purportedly used these notes in their construction.
Still very interested, however... wOO

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2009, 09:11:56 AM »

These frequencies may have some fundamental value, given that sound is functional as a tool.

So not being any kind of a genius, I've put the project on the back burner until some more definitive information becomes available. The 6 frequencies do not seem to work together as any kind of a "scale" (without a lot of dissonance), but the earliest Gregorian chants purportedly used these notes in their construction.
Still very interested, however... wOO

Are those original Gregorian Chants totally lost to us?

I noticed that these do not exactly make up a scale..that is the intervals are irregular. ..some tones blend, if a little dissonantly..others don't.  ..still, room for some improv, eh?     Cheesy

Since there are no official rules for this on the one hand, and we aren't lining up with the lunatic fringe on the other hand, I'd say we are pretty much free to follow our intuition.    Wink

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2009, 10:20:52 AM »

Are those original Gregorian Chants totally lost to us?

The earliest batch of chants have been nixed by the Roman church, in favour of more contemporary versions. Records of the old words and music still exist, however.

Since there are no official rules for this on the one hand, and we aren't lining up with the lunatic fringe on the other hand, I'd say we are pretty much free to follow our intuition.    Wink

Intuition may, indeed, be the most direct route through this apparent maze of misdirection and pseudo-science.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: