Kara-Moon Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:59:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tascam user update..  (Read 4636 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: June 02, 2009, 04:55:26 AM »

I've had the Tascam 2488neo for 5 days now,& today...as I received my tutorial DVD,I have delved deep into it's treasures and yet I still feel that I've only scratched the surface of this amazing multi-tracker! Cheesy
I discovered many wonderful functions of this recorder-one of which,is the computer DAW-style graphical editing screen...which allows me to make very precise edits,for seamless recordings. Cool
There are many effects processors built in to this unit-with many routing possibilities & to top it all off,there is also an effect send outputs for external processors...what more could I ask for! Grin
I am absolutely thrilled with having the capability to import stereo WAV files from my computer to my Tascam,which eliminates the need for me to burn WAV files to CD & then having to rip it into my multi-tracker & with the speed of a drag & drop method,it's a dream! wOO
I have yet to tamper with this other function,which is the MIDI sync feature,which will allow me to pair up with my Korg workstations....man,the possibilities are staggering!!
The Tascam 2488neo is quite a learning curve for me,but with my ever-expanding studio & my progressive recording techniques,it was inevitable that I would-at some point,need a recorder of this magnitude.
This rig is definitely a keeper!!!! Kiss

-Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 06:49:49 AM »

Have fun with this Thom, as you know I have the Korg D3200 which you allso investigated.
We both know the joy of working with a real hardware studio  Wink

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 01:25:16 AM »

Glad to hear it worked out for you, mate.

(enthusiasm - gotta love it - just how big does the font get - will I soon need a bigger monitor...?... Wink)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: