Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:01:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warps: new IDM(?) piece  (Read 8780 times)
Frederik

« on: April 09, 2007, 07:08:41 PM »

Hi guys, just found out this "new auditorium" place...
It's good to see so many great folks of the old auditorium are here too!

About the track: it's a combination of several synths and beats, and, very important: slow strings to add "dramatical" quality.
It's intended to sound wide and big in spots; hope its does so...

All comments and suggestions welcome!

bye,

frederik

* Warps02.mp3 (6058.64 KB - downloaded 290 times.)
one

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:26:46 PM »

Hi Fred

I knew you'd find us sooner or later...

I like this track! Really different for you. Really uplifting feel that excites me!!

1 Smiley

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 07:49:47 PM »

Hi Fred, great to see you here !!!

o boy you're music has changed, but it still shows your composition skills

Thanks for joining us

Kara

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 08:45:59 PM »

Welcome to the "New Auditorium" Frederik
I'm glad you join us here
This new tracks of yours is really nice. A great main melody that glues the different parts.
Good breaks and wise song structure.
I particularly like your choice of sounds.

Cheers
Van Greco

note to self: return to sender

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 07:54:53 PM »

this does indeed seem different for you, as others have stated. I see you have a question mark next to IDM. I take it that you are asking if thats what this is? I'm not really an expert on electronic genres as there are far too many with far too little to diferentiate between them fo this uninformed ear. i have always taken IDM to mean sortof strange undancable music. More of the head than of the body. I'm not sure I'd call this that as it does have an identifyable rhythm to it an it does border on being pretty dancable at points. But, really, what the hell do i know? It wa certainly a pleasant listen whatever it is. Thanks for sharing it man. It's good to see you found your way here.  Grin
Frederik

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 08:06:33 PM »

thanks for all the replies!

Guess I'm one of the latest to find this new place... I've always known I wasn't that clever and fast. But boy, this time I really am late  Wink

about the track: glad most of you like it, and glad that I can still surprise you ;-)
Of course this isn't a new basis style for me - that is, I still do make things in call kinds of styles...
I just made (part of) a classical things I'll upload next. And then I have some noisy guitar thing I'm working on too... can't wait to maybe surprise you more  Grin

bye,

frederik

CypherOne

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:04:11 AM »

nice and wibbly.  can't comment on the production cos I'm listening at work on the worlds smallest speakers but I enjoyed what I heard Smiley
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 03:45:23 PM »

Hi Frederik.

Yeah, maybe IDM-ish because of the big low end. You've done that well. But IMO maybe a bit more score-ish than IDM because of the comp. It sounds very good to me overall. btw, I'm not surprised...not yet. So bring it on  Wink

A personal catchup since we haven't talked for a while. I've decided to take up guitar (lessons), but I thought I'd be a lot better after three weeks than I am Grin Actually, all I've really to show for my effort so far is callouses. But I'm thankful for that!!! Reminds me of a song...Boney Fingers..."work your fingers to the bone, what do you get? Boney fingers"  Roll Eyes

btw, I still owe you one. So if there's ever anything I can add to your tunes, let me know. 

F.

blipp
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 04:19:32 PM »

Yep this is different from your usual stuff Frederik, but i remember really liking the odd electronic tracks you did in the past. IDM is a strange catagory as it encompasses such a wide range of genres itself. I suppose you could call this IDM, but in the end what matters is if it's good or not and this is very good. It still has your sig stamped on it in the way you structure your compositions. This sounds like the type of electronica track Bach migyt have made had he had the tools.  Good one.   Smiley
Frederik

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 05:09:12 PM »

thanks, CypherOne, Fred and Blipp!

@ fred: good to hear from you!
hope you'll stick to the guitar playing even if things may gow a bit slower at the start then you expected ;-)
I've started playing in some kind or (embrionic) band, and I'm doing some of the guitar work theri two (in fact for the momemt we are just to guitar players of which one can sing - and yep, that's not me - , a bass player, and two potential background singing girls).
We're still searching a bit for some kind of direction, but it is laready fun to do, and a nice counterpart for making music with computer.
If ever anything valuable comes out I might pot it here ;-)

@ Blipp: yep, I remember you encouraged me to do some more of my strange electronic stuff in the past. So for you one of my next post might be interesting too, 'cause it will be another strange semi-electronic piece I'm working on right now  Smiley

bye,

frederik

birdbrain

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 05:40:43 PM »

Blown away.  ITs huge, I just turned up the volume. 
Wow!  Just a pause for listening..........
The delay on the synth lead is magical......
arpeggios, love em.
oh sweet piano. 
Maybe a piano solo somewhere?
Still listening.....
ok.  its over, but will be played again. 
Thank you for sharing this masterpeice. 

"Music can change the world. "
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

http://www.myspace.com/nicholasueparrott
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 07:43:32 PM »

I've started playing in some kind or (embrionic) band, and I'm doing some of the guitar work theri two (in fact for the momemt we are just to guitar players of which one can sing - and yep, that's not me - , a bass player, and two potential background singing girls).
We're still searching a bit for some kind of direction, but it is laready fun to do, and a nice counterpart for making music with computer.

That sounds great, frederik  Cool   There's nothing like making music in a group. I look forward to hearing some tunes  Grin

magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 09:53:14 PM »

Welcome home Frederik!!
And wow, what a great gift you give us  Grin
Excellent track, lots of stuff to listen here.
Great composing and arranging work.

Bravo!!

bye

mag

Frenchy but chic
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: