Kara-Moon Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:59:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Call for submissions for a network music project  (Read 17681 times)
deadbunny

« on: April 13, 2007, 03:20:51 PM »

Hello all. My name is Don.

I am calling for submissions for a network music piece. To put it simply I leaving this project open for the online community to write. I am doing a project where I take submissions that anyone and everyone submits and compile them together. The submissions will be based on your impression of the spoken word of American novelist and pioneer of beat poetry, William S Burroughs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Z_08o108E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgLcv1mQZBg&mode=related&search=  (try not to pay attention to the video on this one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pfd3OtPQoA&mode=related&search=
Of course these aren't the only samples of him out on the web. If you want to find more, you can search for him on lime wire.

The rules are as follows.

-Submissions should at the least be 160kbs or more.
-Though you are composing based off your impression of William S Burroughs, samples of him should not appear in the submissions.
-The submitted pieces should be at 100bpms, I will accept any length but keep in mind that if your submission is long, keep it simple with only 1-2 parts. Remember I will be compiling alot of peoples work here.
- I will also accept short sound samples as long as they do not contain any sort of spoken words in them, though unintelligible vocals will be accepted.
-I don't want to limit this to any single genre but I don't want it to become a horrible mashup of conflicting sounds either. Therefor Id have to say please stay with the spirit of creepy.
-I encourage guitar, synth, grundgy samples, drums... basically whatever, just remember there needs to be room for many peoples work here.
-I personally will have no part in creating any sounds. I may use sound enhancement tools but other than that and composition, this work belongs to you all. So have fun with it.

The due date for all submissions is April 23rd. After, I I will take the submissions and compile them together and layer in the spoken word of William S. Burroughs as a final product. After it is finished I will post it here on this website along with proper credits. Please post links to your submissions to this thread or E-mail them to me at Deadbunny29a at Yahoo dot com. please only send MP3s to the my E-mail as I do not have a ton of space.

R.I.P: Auditorium
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 03:36:44 PM »

Hi Don

Interesting project  Cool
A shame I won't have the time to participate, I'm allready tied up in 2 commercial projects and a thingie that I'm preparing with Moon.

Perhaps you'll need a bit of fine tuning of the definition of your project...
A common BPM is a good start, a definition of the key the song will allso be needed I guess?

kara

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
deadbunny

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 09:53:01 PM »

Got another submission today I think everyone should check out.
http://www.box.net/shared/994071s08p (BTW: thanks to James for this)

Key? I didn't think of that....

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT KEY THIS SHOULD BE IN?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:56:12 PM by deadbunny » Logged

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 01:49:50 PM »

WHat key??

..finders keepers, losers weepers?

WHatever key you get first that you want to stick with...or else if folks want to pony up and request a key they'd like to play in..

Here's something if you can use it, you are welcome to.

Wyatt

* 02 Oh No.mp3 (179.63 KB - downloaded 437 times.)

deadbunny

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 09:36:28 PM »

this is excellent. thanks for that submission. I guess I should have explained in detail about why I didn't know what Key to put this in. Im more of a programmer/drum & bass kind of guy. Im not too familiar with the differences between various keys. not to say Im not qualified to assemble this piece, Thats what Im good at.

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 10:34:09 PM »

this is excellent. thanks for that submission. I guess I should have explained in detail about why I didn't know what Key to put this in. Im more of a programmer/drum & bass kind of guy. Im not too familiar with the differences between various keys. not to say Im not qualified to assemble this piece, Thats what Im good at.

Heya..I don't know what key that snip is that I put up for you..another one  made with a stratocaster and an electric razor..processed differently than the one I put up on the D & E board..you might want to check that one out too..I think the post is called soundbite.

Lotta years since I read Burroughs..like around  a million..back when I lived in NYC..I'd hate to mess up these perfectly good vague memories by actually reading him again..at least just yet. Grin

..what else do you have?
..when you have enough to give you a sense of direction, let us know what you can use..meantime, I meant to make you some more stuff today, but things happened. bientot

Chasing fireflies,

Wyatt
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:38:54 PM by Wyatt » Logged

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »

Hi Don,

Here are some more clips. Let me know if you can use them.

Wyatt

* Wind.zip (923.75 KB - downloaded 422 times.)

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 06:32:23 PM »

Hi
this sounds like an interesting and unconventional project.
Unfortunately I don't have so much time to be in  Embarrassed

Good luck to all the people involved  Cool

Cheers
deadbunny

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 09:26:19 PM »

Hi Don,

Here are some more clips. Let me know if you can use them.

Wyatt
Thank you vary much. I am really liking your submissions. I especially like the pygmy drums.

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 09:37:38 PM »

I'll be interested to hear where you go with this project.

Wyatt

deadbunny

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 02:46:29 PM »

The deadline has been extended to the 30th.

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 03:16:13 PM »

The deadline has been extended to the 30th.

Whoa..I'm glad you posted that..I just looked back, and yeah, you did have a deadline, and I totally missed it..mostly because it was like, in a list of rules. Grin

..So I will try to get you something else..I'm starting to get into an experimental mood, and once I do, it doesnt take much to set me off..

Wyatt

..OK..try these:

..and these:

I think they are all in the same key Grin

* TryThese.zip (743.84 KB - downloaded 446 times.)
* AndThese.zip (535.47 KB - downloaded 440 times.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 03:58:16 PM by Wyatt » Logged

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 09:43:09 PM »

..and here are a few more I had for a project I won't likely get to anytime soon..you might as well have a go at them too:

Wyatt

* Oddz.zip (1084.48 KB - downloaded 432 times.)

deadbunny

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 06:36:33 PM »

"trythese" "and these"

These are great. This has definitely put me in a different direction in how I am going to compile this thing.

And to whoever said they didn't want to go back and read WSB because they didn't want to ruin their view of him, don't worry about it. Submit what you remember about him. just remember the old cynical junkie, obsessed with homo sexuals, living in the 50 and the residual feeling you got from him.Then  translate that into music.

deadbunny

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 07:07:50 PM »

Oh never mind, That was you Wyatt that said that. ha ha.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: