Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:48:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KVR august "slow" entry  (Read 8091 times)
t_riddy

« on: August 09, 2009, 12:32:31 AM »

Just posting my contest entry here... While I'm at it, hello everybody! This is my first time in the forum and I look forward to exploring it more.

Also, I'd welcome any feedback anyone has to offer on my entry. I'm definitely an "amateur" at this point and am trying to learn more - this and kvr seem like good places to do that.

* 0908_triddy_evening showers.mp3 (4053.56 KB - downloaded 582 times.)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 01:59:01 AM »

Hi Mr. Riddy,

Nice entrance into the forum.....smooth vocals,nice backround vox & some dramatic chord changes....amateur you say? ???I beg to differ Sir,as this is not the work of an amateur...not by any stretch of the imagination. Cool

A mighty fine tune all around.

Welcome to the forum,

-Thom

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 07:19:59 AM »

Hello and welcome here  Cool
This is one really good song and a very clear recording !

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 01:12:42 PM »

This is excellent. I really like the way it develops. Glad to have you with us, and good luck 'over there' Cool

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
t_riddy

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 01:37:28 PM »

Thanks a lot for the kind words everyone. I was a bit timid about posting my first song, but I feel better now  Grin
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 09:08:06 PM »

Grin
Hi there,
Glad you managed to get things worked out.

This is an excellent song.  Well thought out and perfectly executed.  A great first effort ... both here, and over there.

I hope we can look forward to you joining in the fun on this forum ...... we are much more friendly than 'that lot' ..... and you are welcome to come chat, and play, with us anytime.

Wink
James

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 11:24:47 PM »

Hi T-Riddy,
First welcome to the forums.  You will find these are the nicest bunch of people on the Internet.  You will also notice they are also very talented musicians. Be sure to listen and comment on some of the songs. We are a very diverse group! Collaborations are big here. Feel free to join in!

Second, I would not call this piece of music amateur.  This is professional all the way.  Great mix.

Is that you on the guitar?  We can never have to many guitarists here  Wink

The older I get the better I was!
t_riddy

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 03:33:34 AM »

James and MarioD - thanks, your comments are much appreciated.

Yes, that is me on guitar - good to know there are a lot of talented guitarists here. Can't wait to start listening. This is definitely a friendly place and I'm happy to have stumbled upon it.

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 04:58:51 AM »

Generally, I'd rather listen to a talented amateur than a mediocre professional... Grin

I think talented amateur applies to this effort - welcome t_riddy!

t_riddy

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 03:49:28 PM »

Generally, I'd rather listen to a talented amateur than a mediocre professional... Grin

Haha, I like that.  Cheesy  Thanks for the encouragement
impablomations

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 02:33:14 PM »

This is a great track!!  Sort of reminds me a little of early Porcupine Tree, with a little Floyd thrown in for good measure, but all your own style.  I hope you will be doing more lke this... maybe an albums worth?  My only comment would be its a tad to short at 2:52, maybe the addition of a middle section - maybe guitar solo layered with chorus of voices or something, thats not in no way a criticism - just a small suggestion to lengthen it a little, I was really enjoying this track and all of a sudden it was finished and I was left wanting more Wink

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 03:19:05 PM »

Hi, impablomations

just a note .... when you see songs here under any sort of title mentioning 'KVR entry'  you will always find they are under 3 minutes as that is the limit for the KVR monthly contests.

Contributors often take their contest entries and expand upon them at a later date.

Wink
James

impablomations

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »

Ahh I didn't know that.. apologies Wink

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: