Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:04:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Server Migration and unavailability !  (Read 23843 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« on: October 01, 2009, 11:13:39 AM »

Dear all,

As some of you know, KM has been around for a while and the time to upgrade our aging webserver has arrived.

The KM domain will normally be migrated in the upcomming 2 weeks. We'll keep the downtime limited to a minimum.

I'll post more details in the upcomming days when the forum and site will be unavailabe.

In any case: don't panic if we dissapear, we are here to stay and the new server will give us a happy and everlasting life  Wink

I'll keep you informed !

Moon
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 11:48:59 AM »

Cool, good luck upgrading!

Also known as Marc JXP
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 11:50:27 AM »

Yes, Good luck.

Thanx for keeping us informed.

The older I get the better I was!
NeoN

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 03:33:56 PM »

Thanks Moon Smiley

This transition will be for the better for all of us at KM.
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »

This transition will be for the better for all of us at KM.

Moon,
In recent years, the performance of this site (in terms of reliability and new convenience features) has improved dramatically .

Whatever you need regarding feedback, suggestions, or other assistance during this transition, just ask...

Oren.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 02:43:33 AM »

K-M will be missed dearly during the down time,but very good news though....hope all goes well! Cool

Thanks a mint for the heads up Moon! wOO

-Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 09:45:56 AM »

Thanks for the warning. I'll keep my eyes open for updates.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 06:31:03 AM »

I'm currnetly arranging the migration of the server with our hosting partner. We're still trying to find out if we can retain our current IP addresses; in this case, we would only have an interruption of about 1 hour.

The migration itself should go through next week. (Server has been ordered and paid for, we're waiting for it's activation).

Moon
impablomations

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 02:12:50 PM »

Are you doing a site redesign as well as a server migration?  If so, if you need any graphics / banners etcs I would be only too happy to help.  I used to be a graphic designer so have a wealth of tools at my disposal.

Also, as this site obviously costs you money to run, do you have a donation system?  I don't have much, but would like to contribute what I can as this is a great site, and in the short time I have been made a member, I have been made very welcome, and would like to show my appreciate by donating.

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 03:59:43 PM »

Are you doing a site redesign as well as a server migration?  If so, if you need any graphics / banners etcs I would be only too happy to help.  I used to be a graphic designer so have a wealth of tools at my disposal.

Also, as this site obviously costs you money to run, do you have a donation system?  I don't have much, but would like to contribute what I can as this is a great site, and in the short time I have been made a member, I have been made very welcome, and would like to show my appreciate by donating.

At the moment we are concentrating on the migration of all sites hosted on our server. We are only hosting free sites on our server but some of them are pretty important for the users, so we don't want to screw up.
There could be a redesign of the main site (www.kara-moon.com)in the future...
To answer your other question, we don't like to ask money to people, but yes we have a donation page on the site : http://www.kara-moon.com/index.php?modid=mod01&l_submenu_id=m001_01_05   Wink

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
impablomations

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 05:53:45 PM »

Dropped a little something through paypal, it's not much as I am on disability benefit, but I hope at least that little helps with migration costs.

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »

Dropped a little something through paypal, it's not much as I am on disability benefit, but I hope at least that little helps with migration costs.

Thank you Sir, all bits help  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 08:09:55 AM »

Small update: there is a slight deley in the activation of the server. Our hoster is waiting for the delivery of a new serie of servers...

I'll keep you posted !

Moon
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 04:48:45 PM »

Still delay on the activation of the new server. Been waiting for over 10 days now.  Embarrassed

I've mailed the hoster to give me a date, so I hope to have more news shortly...

Moon
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 08:55:51 PM »

Thanx for keeping us in the loop!

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: