Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:29:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Server Migration and unavailability !  (Read 23974 times)
forumkaraadmin
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »

We're getting there !

The new server has been installed and we'll start the migration very soon now.

I'll lock the forum so we won't loose any posts. This means the forum will be closed for a day or 2, the time DNS needs to redirect.

I hope to have fixed everything by next weekend.

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »

O boy, have I been living in very excited times...

You probably will have noticed that KM had dissapeared and that it took some time to be back.

Let me explain what happened: our hoster tried to migrate the server. Normally this would not make the current site unavailable, but it did: they tried to create the migration files on the old server. Since those disks were more than 50% full, the disks were written 99.99% full, making the old server inoperable  Embarrassed

Luckely, the did manage to migrate the KM domain... but .... without the forum...  Undecided

My haert stopped beating for a while... just imagine that all those posts were lost  Embarrassed

Luckely, we once created the backup mechanisme, so I did have a backup of the forum content. After loading this up and trying to restore the forum's database, we were back alive  wOO

I'm glad I could solve this and I hope to greet you back  wOO

I hope you can forgive me you had to miss KM a bit longer than planned.

But hey: we're on a brand new powerfull and ecological server !!!

Moon
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 04:00:21 AM »

Moon,

It looks good! Thankyou for your efforts.

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 07:51:09 AM »

And a big thank you from me  wOO

It's been a long silence ..... I was almost ready to try talking to my wife!!   Embarrassed

Great to be back.
 Wink
James

impablomations

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 05:09:53 PM »

Been so quiet on the old interwebs with out KM, damn glad it's back.

Congrats on getting it all sorted Moon, I can only guess how much of a headache it's been.

Of course, if you'd been using Windows, and not some freebie OS with a silly name.............

Only kidding!! lol

Glad to be back Wink

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
impablomations

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 05:44:38 PM »

I must admit, I'm not really a fan of the forum opening in a popup, personally I like it in the same window I'm already using.

Is it just me, or is there no scroll bar on the side when the forum opens?  Being unable to use my mouse wheel to scroll down to the bottom of the page means I'm missing 1/2 the page Sad

Ive cleared my cache etc but to no avail.

Also when I try to reset my password on the profile page  - the captcha is blank, so I can't change my password.

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 05:48:31 PM »

I must admit, I'm not really a fan of the forum opening in a popup, personally I like it in the same window I'm already using.

Is it just me, or is there no scroll bar on the side when the forum opens?  Being unable to use my mouse wheel to scroll down to the bottom of the page means I'm missing 1/2 the page Sad

Ive cleared my cache etc but to no avail.

Also when I try to reset my password on the profile page  - the captcha is blank, so I can't change my password.

The scrollbar is there now.

And yes, there was a problem with the captcha. That is has been solved earlier today, but you need to restart your PC to get the new captcha (or clear the cash Tongue ) The captcha is generated with your session ID, so you need a new one.

Let me know if it works after rebooting...

Moon
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 06:05:52 PM »

BTW... that captcha is killing me again !!!  Angry

There something wrong again with the captcha... GRRRRR... thought it was fixed.... GRRRRR.....
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 06:48:25 PM »

OK... I think I've nailed this one : James, can you check it again. You don't have to restart your PC, just close the tab or window where kara-moon.com is displaying and try to log on again and change your password...

P.S.: good to see some of you guys have time to make music while I'm sweating this out...  Undecided

Moon
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 06:55:35 PM »

Moon

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 07:02:36 PM »

Moon

I guess this means it worked  Kiss
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »

Oh buggritt! I can't log into my artist page. It won't accept my name and password Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »

Oh buggritt! I can't log into my artist page. It won't accept my name and password Sad

Can you mail me your login and password (which should be your email adress) ? I'll have a look...
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »

Sent...
I'm just going to log out of the forum as well and restart Firefox incase there's something stupid happening.

- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »

Moon,
 Lips Sealed

It's mostly looking good, at last ..... thank you for all your hard work.

I managed to log in, after shutting down and returning later, changed my password to one of my own choice and altered some text in my profile.
The very strange thing is that .....
the first words in my profile are:
I\'m James, usually known as OffTheWall

I have tried a number of times to delete the \ from the first word, but it will not go away. Each time it actually gets deleted in the text box but when the page updates the darn thing is back again  Roll Eyes
I know it is a very minor point ..... but can you think of a reason why it is happening?  Embarrassed

Wink
James

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: