Kara-Moon Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:34:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Server Migration and unavailability !  (Read 24033 times)
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 07:30:23 AM »

I think I know where this is comming from. I'll look into it later today...

Thanks for letting me know. I really want the artist section to work flawsely since this will become the piece to collect music for the radio.

Moon
MRT

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 06:00:11 AM »

Hello and congratulations on the migration.
I have been unable to access the forum until today as it appearers that the URL has changed? I had no problem accessing the forum today at "www.kara-moon.com/forum" Yeah! Since the migration I had been attempting to access the site by going to "www.kara-moon.com" and then selecting "Forum" then "General" from the drop down. This directs to the url"http://www.kara-moon.com/index.php?modid=mod06&l_submenu_id=m001_06_01"
The shortcut I had saved to acces the forum in the past was"http://www.kara-moon.com/index.php?modid=mod06&l_submenu_id=m001_06_01"
During this period I attempted to access my artist page and was unable to log in there also. I suspect that these are related?
Anyway thought you should know.
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 07:28:34 AM »

Thanks for the feedback and glad you made it back.

I'm still finetuning some small issues, but right now it looks like all basic functionalities are there.

Moon
MRT

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »

Mostly wanted to mention that I feel kind of foolish as it seems I was the only one who had this problem.
Everything else seems fine. As always thanks for your time and efforts in keeping this together and giving us lost souls a place to congregate.
impablomations

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »

Wasn't just you MRT, I have only been able to get the site up over the past 2 or 3 days.  Looks like everything is running fine now though Wink

I'd like to echo MRTs appreciation for Kara and Moon.  Ce site Web est très fantastique.  Grin

Now don't you ever do this to us again, deprive us of our favourite website, or I may be forced to release my specially trained Ninja Bunnies!!!   Evil

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »

Now don't you ever do this to us again, deprive us of our favourite website, or I may be forced to release my specially trained Ninja Bunnies!!!   Evil

With the new server we would be fine for the next 4 years ! And also, we have proven to be bullet proofed. In case they drop a bomb on the data center where the server is located, we are able to restore the complete site in a couple of days !  Cool

I can gaurantuee you: KM is here to stay  wOO

Moon

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »

I can guarantee you: KM is here to stay  wOO

Moon
This site has done more for internet collaboration and creative interaction than any other I've encountered. Hats off to Moon and Kara wOO

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 06:46:17 PM »

Thanks Oren !

However: a lot of credit goes to all members making this place to what has become of it. It's great to see that a small idea grew to such a nice music making community !

It's a pleasure being able to do all this !  Afro

Moon
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 06:56:37 PM »

Thanks Oren !

However: a lot of credit goes to all members making this place to what has become of it. It's great to see that a small idea grew to such a nice music making community !

Moon

What he said  Cool
We have a lot of respect for the musical talent that we have here at KM

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »

In case any of you tried to access my personal site, http://www.mellowood.ca during the server changeover ... if you couldn't get there it was Moon's fault Smiley Well, not really ... but it was down for a day or so while the new IP address got propagated around the world. I think it's all just fine now.

And a public thanks to Moon for making this as painless as possible!

Bob.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2009, 02:38:47 AM »

This site has done more for internet collaboration and creative interaction than any other I've encountered. Hats off to Moon and Kara wOO

wOO A BIG +1 wOO

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2009, 08:51:04 AM »

Thanks Oren !

Moon

What he said  Cool
We have a lot of respect for the musical talent that we have here at KM

k

Something I've noticed is how well everyone seems to get on here. One of the things that (many years ago) rather put me off group work is how prickly some musicians can get. I guess it may also have something to do with the fact that we've all reached a point where we are reasonably comfortable (or at leat accepting) of our abilities, whereas way back then I was a teenager amongst mostly other teenagers Roll Eyes

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
rharv
Use in Moderation
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

Glad to be here

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2009, 01:11:29 PM »

Got in this morning with Firefox after allowing popups

IE8 still blocking access even with the popup exception allowed for kara-moon.

It starts to show page then gives a general page not found error.
Still doing it in IE8 while I am here with Firefox

If I copy the URL from this thread into IE8 it allows me in
However, coming through the 'entry' door I get rejected.

One of those weird IE8 things ..
and yes I tried it with popup blocker turned off,  as well as turned on (with an exception to allow kara-moon)

Update
I've tried tweaking a few things and IE8 still does not allow me through the front door.
Earlier version of IE will, and Firefox is fine,  but I just can't seem to get IE8 to walk through the door!
I can see the main site (Kara-Moon.com)  but it won't load the forum up...
I can click the Artists link OK.  It's just the forum apparently...
Even trying to get in through the Auditorium link generates the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 08:42:18 PM by rharv » Logged

Make your sound your own!

http://www.motagator.net/bands/556/
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: