Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:47:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lexicon MX300....woweee!  (Read 9408 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: October 14, 2009, 04:45:19 PM »

Thought mind-blowingly great effects were only affordable in the software world?....THINK AGAIN!
After having trudged through the tumultuous journey of rackmount effects processors online,I realized that-at times,consumer product reviews don't add up to much and in this case,the MX300 is a prime example of this.
This product is fairly well reviewed by such magazines as SoundOnSound,but the user reviews were very few & far between....but I really liked the features of this unit,so I took a chance and took the plunge.
[size=14The MX300 is a beautiful looking unit and equally beautiful,is the very logical & intuitive layout of the controls,which are topped off nicely with a very legible and two tone display,that emits brilliant blues that's very easy on the eyes.pt][/size] Cheesy
The sub menus in the display are self explanatory & simple,but harbour some very complex & flexible routing possibilities!
One of my favorite features thus far,is the adjustable BPM display on the LCD screen,making it seamlessly easy to sync up with the tempo of a song....just lovely!
Now for the creme' de la creme'....THE EFFECTS!
Incredibly crisp & clean effects overall,with reversed,gated,plated,sm-md and large reverbs...all of which are also combined with pong delay,chorus,flanger,detune,pitch shift and the list goes on and on....
I'm still a bit of a newbie to rackmount effects processors-as I have mainly dealt with the effects found in my keyboard workstations-but still,I have never heard such unique,clean & flexible effects at this price point........hardware effects this good for a mere $249.95???-AMAZING!!
I recorded a small sample of what this unit can do(which is just a miniscule fraction of what this processor is capable of)...........

-Thom

* MX300 Demo.mp3 (1161.68 KB - downloaded 791 times.)

* Lexicon MX300 001.JPG (1606.95 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 1547 times.)

Oren
Moderators Views
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »

Sounds impressive, Thom!
Lexicon has a distinguished pedigree (pro-audio in every way) -  and Digitech uses Lexicon reverbs, so I know they must be good Grin.

Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 04:59:48 PM »

Nice pipes, man!!

..hmm I bet I know what you're doing today.   Cheesy

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 03:40:48 AM »

The laying of pipe is in progress...... Wink

Thanks for the pipe accolade. Cool

-Thom

impablomations

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 04:14:58 AM »

Damn you have a good voice man!!

Love to do a collab with you sometime  Grin

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... perhaps you've seen it. - Steven Wright

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »

Thanks for the thumbs up Paul! CoolIf you have a collab in mind,lay it on me man!

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: