Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:45:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A 'mature' project  (Read 4077 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: January 06, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »

At last my new music workstation is complete enough to actually use. I still have to fit a retractable shelf for the computer keyboard and mouse. I also need to sort out castors/slides - at the moment it's standing on wooden block to bring it up to the correct height. Not forgetting that I have yet to finish building the amplifier that will sit under the main deck opposite the computer - you won't believe what it looks like just now Shocked

... but...

It's progress. I can now comfortably use both of my keyboards, and, after two years, I have my dining room table back Grin

* WorkStation.jpg (608.7 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 545 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:52:52 AM »

That's a pretty tight configuration you have there.....I wish I could condense all of my gear so efficiently. Wink Grin

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 04:02:09 AM »

... I can now comfortably use both of my keyboards, and, after two years, I have my dining room table back Grin
wOO

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:32:30 AM »

Looks nice and tight  Cool
Did you think about a drawer under the instruments for you PC keyboard and mouse ?

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 02:26:13 PM »

Thanks guys Smiley

@rony
I did think of a lower drawer, but the main deck only just clears my legs (so I actually have the right keyboard height when sitting). What I'm intending to do is put a shelf on heavy duty drawer type slides between the keyboards, so that when not in use it can be pushed right back giving a clear view of the all the lower keyboard controls. When brought forward I'll still be able to play the keys, but won't see the controls. There will be enough room on the shelf for the computer keyboard, mouse, a scribbling pad and a few other nick-knacks.

This is already proving so much more comfortable to use. The downside is that it reduces the number of excuses I have for poor work Evil

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: